Author Topic: de-cat running issue  (Read 1171 times)

Offline 1559terry

• Just got here
de-cat running issue
« on: 16 July 2012, 16:33 »
Hi everyone, i am a new member to this forum and need some help with a running problem. After fitting a decat pipe to my 03 GTI Turbo 180, the car has started to judder and surge. I think this is a lambda issue but what do i need to buy to solve this issue and where could i buy this as i dont know what to ask for. Thanks in advance for any help   :smiley:
engine management light now on and feels like im in limp mode, im pretty sure its because of the de cat pipe so im gonna take it off this weekend.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2012, 15:41 by 1559terry »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: de-cat running issue
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2012, 20:34 »
Get someone to scan it for fault codes or get an ebay code reader.

Offline pickles

• I live here
  • Next!!!
Re: de-cat running issue
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2012, 11:02 »
engine code?, iv an agu runnin decated, always comes up with 2 codes (1 being the lambda the other being fuel mixture control which is obviously because of the former) , need to get it mapped out really, or iv heard of using a wayne  angle block  to move the sensor away from the exhaust gases.

mines started off a bit lumpy and the idle was all over the place but settled gradually.
dont know if the ecu needs time to get used to the new setup or what, some1 with more knowledge will be long soon to shed more light.

meant to add, check ur gaskets, mines was blowing recently which was causing it to do funny things.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2012, 11:11 by pickles »
weirdos on here i tell you ;)
mk4 golf 1.8T, AGU, CAI, Forge007p DV,TIP,Decat, Bilsteins with Koni springs dropped 40mm
Mapped

Nearly S3 time  :)