Author Topic: hardcor3 - smooth mk3  (Read 17767 times)

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
Re: hardcor3 - smooth mk3
« Reply #30 on: 31 January 2006, 17:01 »
I've made real progress today, got the welder out and de-seamed the rear, while i was at it, i also cut a slit in the drivers sill to slide hammer a dent out, did that, then welded it back up, i also got rid of the passenger side, side repeater, and sorted a scab out on n/s rear arch...

all need flatting still and finishing properly, but the ball-ache bit of the jobs is done :smiley:.....

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 01 February 2006, 14:41 »
it's absoloutly freezing today, car outside temp reading is 1 degree, way too cold to start wet flatting anything, or doing anymore filling, so i thought i'd do this...... :smug:

i did that a bit quicker than expected, so i did this aswell........ :laugh: :wink:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 01 February 2006, 21:44 »
front view.... :smug:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 03 February 2006, 19:07 »
well i was supposed to be giving myself the day off the car to warm miself back thru, but instead couldn't leave it alone, so first i tidied my shed up, as it looked like a bomb had dropped on it, then i sanded the end of the drivers sill down, where i'd skimmed it over, then i started doing the number plate recess, i got that filled and sanded, and left it with the 2k stopper to be final sanded, then decided i'd do 1 of the mirror blanking plates.

so i got a spare mirror, stripped the black rubber coating of the base, then got the disc cutter in action, once it was cut away, i cleaned it up, and drilled a few holes around the outside of the gap...
like this....

theen i cut a template out of ally bridging mesh, and glassed it to the back of the hole, making sure the fibreglass oozed thru the holes i'd drilled, then flipped it over and gave a quick skim to the other side....
like so....

then after a sanding flat, and a coat of filler and another sanding session, i gave it a coat of primer, and it looks like this......

now, just need to do the whole process again, on the other side...... :angry: :wink:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 06 February 2006, 17:05 »
a few more pics of bits i've finished off....... :smug:

and a before and after of rear no/plate recess....