Author Topic: hardcor3 - smooth mk3  (Read 17764 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
hardcor3 - smooth mk3
« on: 14 September 2005, 13:27 »
here you go  :smiley:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
Re: hardcor3 - smooth mk3
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2005, 13:46 »
Right then, where can i start, i bought this VR6 last winter, with the best intentions of tidying it up and selling it on, i owned a tidy 8v Mk3 at the time, and was fairly happy with it, then when i picked up the VR, for a reasonable £1700, i realised that it was everything that the 8v shud've been, so that was it...bye bye 8v.
 the car was in a bit of a tangle when i got it, although only 1 service stamp missing from fsh, the last owner mis-treated her.

covered in white overspray from painting a house with it on the drive, and a nice scuff on the rear wheel arch, i got up on a freezing Jan mornin, n tidy'd the rear quater up a bit, but due to losing three fingers from frostbite, i just wafted over in paint, not really caring what it looked like, n apart from the wheels n headlights, thats how she's stayed.....UNTILL NOW

now that winters here,(i love the cold) i can start the bodywork again, so i'll be...

smoothing all bumpers, bonnet washers, side repeaters, tailgate badges,wiper,spoiler,also going are the factory sideskirts, i may get some aftermarket, but probably not(can't decide yet), i've just bought some de-locked Mk4 polo handles, and managed to get a mental deal of swapping my cloth seats for black leather....
so for paint, it's going in the original dragon green, with a holographic boston green metal flake fleck, so shud shine a bit in the sun, then if i can get a decent price for the missus and kids, i'm gonna bolt a supercharger onto her, ( but don't tell em that :wink:), so there you go, i'll post pics as and when i can, but it maybee a slow n painfull project, but it will be done for nxt years show season, so see you all there........HARDCOR3 :laugh: :laugh:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2005, 17:53 »
started bodywork 2day, first thing to go, is rear bumper recess, i drilled holes about every 1 1/2in, this helps the glass to adhere & not crack...

then worked a bit of mi majic.....

a couple of hours l8r, n it's gone.......

Next installment, front bumper...watch this space :laugh:
« Last Edit: 17 September 2005, 16:57 by HARDCOR3 »

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2005, 17:43 »
Got me next 2 projects started today, started front bumper smoothing, got rid of fog/indicator holes, am gonna do number plate recess tomorrow.......

also got a rear stealth shelf, but had holes for a 12" sub, and two pioneer shelf speakers, so i filled 2 smaller holes with a template, then on larger hole, i cut a skeleton VW badge, and i have a peice of frosted perspex to go behind it along with 2 blue neons, thus resulting in the VW logo illuminating every time i open the doors, then added wolfsburg edition lettering, after taking hours to cut out of 5mm MDF, when it's carpeted and finished, it will look sweet...(finished pics to follow)...

« Last Edit: 19 October 2005, 18:47 by HARDCOR3 »

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2005, 16:35 »
Pretty much finished bumper today, just needs a splash round with sum 2k stopper, but looking sweet as a nut, just need to figure sumthing out for indicators, and get a deep lip spoiler, and junk the one thats on it, but am pleased lookin at it.........

What next?????,maybee get rid of skirts and start on the bonnet, after i've finished front that is... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2005, 20:39 »
 :laugh:I've opened a thread for feedback in chat nonsense, (my babys startin to look sweet)... :laugh:
« Last Edit: 24 September 2005, 20:42 by HARDCOR3 »

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 September 2005, 16:26 »
Finished front bumper today, i banged a bit of stopper round, and a couple of coats of highcoat primer, n she looks sweet, you'll probably not be able to tell difference with pics, as it was fine detailing, but it deffo needed doing, so here goes anyway.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2005, 19:50 »
now with added indicators...... :wink:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2005, 19:18 »
Took the factory trim off the sills today, expecting to find it bubbled up to the max, but no, it was really clean and tidy, not a scab insight....Bonus!!! 

Also cut an old Catalytic convertor open and ripped the guts out of it, so will get it fitted as the cat-bypass soon, see what the difference is without it, ave heard it's 1 of best things for a VR6 lump..
« Last Edit: 17 October 2005, 13:27 by HARDCOR3 »

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2005, 13:30 »
took cat off today and stuck by-pass on, what a nightmare, had to cut every bolt off, but after losing a few knuckles i got it done, it's made a nice difference, picks up loads smoother.....

had dog guarding mi tools while i was rollin a phat en...... :wink: