Author Topic: A public apology  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
A public apology
« on: 23 May 2011, 20:16 »
No, not to you bunch of morons  :laugh:

To Volkswagen.

I've often come on here and complained about the price of mk6 Golfs. And truly it is a disgustingly over priced car, but I must apologise for singling VW out.

Yesterday I spent a bit of time with a friend of mine (don't get any funny ideas) who works for a large leasing firm. He informed me that a colleague of his has just bought a Ford Focus, not a particularly desireable one either as it's a 1.6 petrol model which will be worth about 50p in two years time.
So, how much did this brand new Ford Focus poxy 1.6 petrol car cost?

£19k? No
£21k? No

£24,000!!!!!

So VW, I apologise, it's not just you, the whole f**king motor industry needs shooting  :evil:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: A public apology
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2011, 20:23 »
My dear Andy, people judge one by the company one keeps.
I'd dump the idiot if I were you, ASAP.  :evil:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2011, 20:25 »
 My mate isn't daft enough to put his own money in a new car as he gets one free from his employer. Some nice ones too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2011, 20:54 »
If anyone pays full RRP a Ford and Vauxhall for that matter want their heads examining, without even trying you could get a 24k list price car for 18k.   VW gti's are way over priced, gone up around 25% in 5 years and they are cheaper to make as well.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2011, 05:01 »
I was merely using the list price as an indicator of how something like a Golf GTD stacks up against the competition price wise (both circa £24k).
If we're going down the head examining route, anyone who puts their own private money into a brand new Focus 1.6 petrol needs help. If you get one as a company car then fair enough (once you've finished sulking and wondering why your boss hates you), but as a private buy I'm sure Ford do some far more attractive engines for day to day use.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner