Author Topic: Hello and welcome to the MK6 Golf section.  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: Hello and welcome to the MK6 Golf section.
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2011, 09:12 »
In here the search function would have a limited effect granted. However, it is worth having a look before you post.

*Off topic - In the mk2 section you are talking about a 25 year old car, of course that topic is going to have been covered a million times before, in every iteration, with all points covered, so another topic (to add to the 20+ exisitng ones is going to be pointless) a little effort gets you a long way. :wink:

Edit: Here you go... Just for you. http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=178757.0
« Last Edit: 19 January 2011, 09:24 by Agreeable Slick »

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #11 on: 19 January 2011, 11:16 »
Thanks Slick, "How about just delete every post in here (this one included) and make a sticky saying welcome to the mk6 SECTION, lay a few ground rules down, I.E. try to keep topics on topic, use the search function before posting, enjoy yourselves."

thats the kind of thing we need, just a general introduction and please be nice

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 19 January 2011, 16:42 »
What we have so far:

Welcome to the mk6 section, most of the posters are fairly sane and rational human beings but beware the trolls who hail from the bowels of the 'classic' Golf sections.
Please excuse the following members: Kev who will likely call you a poof if you drive a Diesel or an automatic and Asker who will drag you so far off topic you'll forget why you're here.

You may want to add a few more cautions.....

"Welcome to the Mk6 section. Whether you have a GTI, GTD, another Mk6, a Golf of any vintage or just a passing interest in VW's, we're happy to hear from you. Even if you just like cars or driving I'm sure your contribution will be met with positivity and enthusiasm. Hell, if you have no interest at all in cars and want to talk about your holiday, flower arranging or sexual preferences we'd be happy to listen - we have moderators to clear that sh*t up. Oh and we don't mind swearing either. Enjoy!"

''You are now in the mk6 forum, tread carefully or clear off''

How is this for starters?

A very warm welcome to the Golf Mk6 (GTI) forum for all things Mk6 Golf. We are here to nuture, inform, assist and support you and enable you to feel a valuable member and thus make your car owning experience enjoyable. Our membership has great diversity and knowledge and is from all age groups with a wide spectrum of interests. But we are mainly car enthusiasts who truly love our cars and are here to provide you with unlimited help and information and make you feel that you are surrounded by friends where you can relax and enjoy yourself. There is a great sense of humour that pervades this forum together with the inevitable sarcasm but without maliciousness. Our moderators are fair, humorous, relaxed, knowledgeable, helpful, tolerant and supportive of members' needs and requirements. You will find this a useful place to purchase great products for your car at excellent prices which will enhance your car's looks and ownership experience. So, please join our wonderful informative, fun and relaxed community of car enthusiasts and start posting. We cannot wait to hear your views.

Once again a very warm welcome from all of us.

Here is a shorter and  version:

Welcome to the Mk6 Golf (GTI) forum for all things Mk6 Golf, comprising enthusiasts and experts who will gladly cater for all your motoring needs. The forum prides itself as a definitive platform for the variety of its content and for the views and opinions of its members. We are sure this will make your experience all the more enjoyable and we would very much appreciate your personal input. So please feel free to join our friendly, helpful, humorous and proficient community.

Or, this really short one:

Welcome to the Mk6 Golf (GTI) forum for all things Mk6 Golf, where our friendly, helpful, humorous and proficient members and experts will be happy to help you with all your motoring needs.

Will this be a sticky?
Maybe a thread headed 'Newbie's, say Hello and introduce yourself to the regular crowd' etc etc....?

This could save many other newbie threads being posted dispersing other threads...?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 19 January 2011, 17:10 »
I do wish you'd stop cutting threads to pieces doc! My brain hurts! :undecided:
« Last Edit: 19 January 2011, 17:16 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #14 on: 19 January 2011, 17:15 »

Welcome to the mk6 section, most of the posters are fairly sane and rational human beings but beware the trolls who hail from the bowels of the 'classic' Golf sections.

You are now in the mk6 forum, tread carefully or clear off''

A very warm welcome to the Golf Mk6 (GTI) forum for all things Mk6 Golf.

Doc, can I ask you about the points in bold please, why you don't want other members in this section also since when did this become the mk6 or Golf mk6 forum

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 19 January 2011, 17:27 »
Well two of those points raised in bold are from me. And as I've said in here and numerous other threads I didn't take this thread seriously. I thought it was a joke thread put up to wind up the WUMs who drip by here and spout bile from time to time.
So you can disregard all of my posts in this thread, they were just put up as a joke when the thread first went 'live'.
I'd have deleted them myeslf by now if they hadn't been quoted, thus rendering them still there.

We've all had our laugh, now it's all getting a bit weary. Akser, Gilly and p3ssa have deleted some of their messing about so can we just bury it now.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 19 January 2011, 17:31 »
Start off something like this if you so wish:

Hello and Welcome Mk6 Golfers. Here you can learn about all things for the latest (or you can use the word 'current') Golf.............................  :cool:
« Last Edit: 19 January 2011, 17:37 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 19 January 2011, 20:13 »

You are now in the mk6 area of the forum, tread carefully or clear off''

A very warm welcome to the Golf Mk6 (GTI) area of the forum for all things Mk6 Golf.

Doc, can I ask you about the points in bold please, why you don't want other members in this section also since when did this become the mk6 or Golf mk6 forum

I like the fact that the MK6ers see this area of the forum as their own as that's what it is, their own section of the forum written in the most part by the MK6 members.

Regarding the "MK6 forum" your nit picking a over small a moot point as every time I write anything to do with the "MK6 section of the forum" it is indeed referred to as the "Mk6 section of the forum" common sense must dictate that I'll carry on calling it the "MK6 section of the forum"

I want all Mk6ers to inhabit every part of the entire forum and welcome people from other parts of the forum, as I do with open arms  :smiley:

Please fill your glass to half full and re-read for maximum effect.