Author Topic: Just been to see the GTi  (Read 14438 times)

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Re: Just been to see the GTi
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2009, 19:50 »
I popped into my dealer yesterday and the Sales guy chucked me the keys for thier Silver 5 door Mk6 GTi. All I can say is it is a very nice, well made car. There was only one thing I never liked about the entire Mk5 range (apart from R32 and Ed30 / Pirelli) and that was that big slab of black plastic on the rear bumper!
At least with the new Mk6 they have sorted it. The list price for the car I was in was £27580 with its options (Met paint, Leather, 18's, Park Assist, Winter pack, RCD510 etc) which is quite pricey, but then on reflection my car when new in 2003 was £21300 so in six years the price hasn't gone up hugely.
What you have to remember is these initial VW allocated cars are spec to the hilt!

Oh and my dealer said they are getting 16 this year and all bar 6 were sold  :shocked:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #11 on: 01 June 2009, 22:12 »
Test drive booked for thursday  :smiley:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 01 June 2009, 22:44 »
Is that from Verve on Dlamarnock Road?

You will have to get some pics of it! Is it the black one that was there the other day?

I test drove the silver one but that is sold, infact it was sold the same day it arrived but since i was coming all the way from Aberdeen they still let me drive it the following morning.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 02 June 2009, 14:49 »

You will have to get some pics of it! Is it the black one that was there the other day?

I test drove the silver one but that is sold, infact it was sold the same day it arrived but since i was coming all the way from Aberdeen they still let me drive it the following morning.

They let you drive a sold car? wow. If It was mine I'd be well peed off  :grin: Yeah when I was there last week the Silver one was still sitting sold. Looked nice so it did.

Yeah its the Verve on Dalmarnock road, not sure if its the Black as he said the car is arriving on Wed this week and he was expecting a white 3 door, so I assume its that one. I dont think the Black is going to be used as a demonstrator or at least thats what I was told hence the white one arriving.

Yep will take some pics with a proper camera this time, I hate the iphone for that reason the camera is rubbish.

16 week wait time on these now im hearing, obviously depending on what they have made ready to be shipped or from what they can get from other dealers.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 02 June 2009, 14:58 »

They let you drive a sold car? wow. If It was mine I'd be well peed off  :grin: Yeah when I was there last week the Silver one was still sitting sold. Looked nice so it did.

Yeah its the Verve on Dalmarnock road, not sure if its the Black as he said the car is arriving on Wed this week and he was expecting a white 3 door, so I assume its that one. I dont think the Black is going to be used as a demonstrator or at least thats what I was told hence the white one arriving.

Yep will take some pics with a proper camera this time, I hate the iphone for that reason the camera is rubbish.

16 week wait time on these now im hearing, obviously depending on what they have made ready to be shipped or from what they can get from other dealers.

Haha, maybe its mine!!!!!

I hope mine doesn't end up being that long!!  :cry:  :cry:

Well i will look forward to the pics especially if it is white!! Bet you can't wait for the test drive!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 June 2009, 15:08 »

Well i will look forward to the pics especially if it is white!! Bet you can't wait for the test drive!

Yeah fairly excited. I'm gonna ask if its an orderd car, if it is and its yours I'll flatly refuse to take it out and to get the black one ready, I want to see what this baby can do and wouldnt want to do it to a sold car, esp if its yours mate. They did say that this one coming in is going to be their demo car, so maybe all is well.

Will get pics up sometime Thurs night right after I get back, unless of course I've fobbed the garage off and just kept on driving in the GTi.  :grin: So if you dont hear from me on Thurs night then you know I'm outta here with my new car.  :grin:

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 02 June 2009, 15:16 »

Yeah fairly excited. I'm gonna ask if its an orderd car, if it is and its yours I'll flatly refuse to take it out and to get the black one ready, I want to see what this baby can do and wouldnt want to do it to a sold car, esp if its yours mate. They did say that this one coming in is going to be their demo car, so maybe all is well.

Will get pics up sometime Thurs night right after I get back, unless of course I've fobbed the garage off and just kept on driving in the GTi.  :grin: So if you dont hear from me on Thurs night then you know I'm outta here with my new car.  :grin:

Haha, nah mine will be atleast another 4 weeks. Only ordered it on 02May.

Yeah im surprised they dont have more cases of people not coming back from a test drive. I mean they just gave me the keys and said see you later.  :grin:

So do you think you might order on thur if you like it? What do you think your spec will be?

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 June 2009, 15:21 »
sorry to be dumb but any advice on uploading pics im trying to upload some of my new car. ive joined photo bucket but not quite sure how to post them all i get is this
« Last Edit: 02 June 2009, 15:30 by carl1 »
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 02 June 2009, 15:23 »
Well, I know I wont order Thurs as i cant till end of next month at the earliest (giving me a 12-16 week order window) as Im still paying for a holiday which is between the 5 of us, almost £20k.

I'll take along my internet sheet to see what they can do with the price of that, no harm in asking. I just think I have time on my side, give it a month or so for the hype to die down a little.

Spec ? Well I thought I wanted leather seats, but now after seeing the classic tartan ones, they are really good so I may go for them, I'm unsure yet.

Full spec at the moment is...

3dr white GTi, manual (much more fun)
18", dynaudio speakers and 510 cd, xenons, all packs (luxury etc), leather seats

If I dont get leather then I may get a Sunroof and ACC for the price difference and still save a few hundred quid.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 02 June 2009, 15:32 »
Heck, that must be some good holiday!!!

Well that is a pretty good spec and will be a cracking car, im sure you would be able to get a fair bit off and not far from an internet quote.

Similar to mine although im getting the standard cloth seats but am getting DSG. I must admit when i test drove it i really liked it. Is the test model supposed to be DSG or manual?