Author Topic: Audi A4 3.0 Litre Quattro- Someone help me  (Read 3954 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Re: Audi A4 3.0 Litre Quattro- Someone help me
« Reply #20 on: 29 April 2008, 10:43 »
Fairplay Manu

I just feel that the Audi is a different car to the R32. Its a different shape and driving in it feels so much different. I have been in a Gti that was being thrashed and I have been in a R32 for a short drive and not to fast. I still feel that the Audi seems more controlled and might I say it.... Sophisticated...

With no doubt im certain the R32 is more fun to drive maybe but I was extremely impressed with this Audi.
And of course the Ed30 boys will kick a fuss.  :evil:

The cycling thing is my opinion and I cycle in a large group and many of them are much better drivers than most people. Its the same with someone who rides a motorbike.

And of course... Its not a GTi  :wink: Its a freaking 3 litre quattro  :evil:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 29 April 2008, 10:49 »
Im, not old enough to be driving any A4 yet  :rolleyes: :laugh: (except any S version)

perhaps you should be on the Audi forum  :grin:

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #22 on: 29 April 2008, 10:52 »
I must admit that I like the look of the new Audi A4. But the guy up the road... Just got his paws on a Audi A5 and it is sooo awesome.

Is it just me or does VW need to get its bottom into gear and create something to rival the A5 and A4?

The Jetta/Bora whatever you guys call it is no match and the range is pretty boring.  :undecided:

I enjoy comparing the GTi to other cars. But I have found that its extremely difficult to compare the GTi to vehicles that have the same engine etc. Like the A4 etc. Its in its own market.

I want an Audi  :wink: :cry:

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #23 on: 29 April 2008, 10:54 »
They won't create rivalry in the VAG stable, which is why you won't see a VW 2.0T 4wd equivalent of the S3, even though it would be very easily done.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #24 on: 29 April 2008, 10:58 »
So...

Basically if you want the better vehicle or the vehicle that is more impressionable you have to buy an S3 or pay up on the R32....

The R32 here in South Africa costs almost the same amount as Bmw M3 or a Porsche Cayman.

I cant be bothered with an R32 if I can pick up a Audi cheaper.

Mike

Join our group now!

NewGolf

« Reply #25 on: 29 April 2008, 11:07 »
Im, not old enough to be driving any A4 yet  :rolleyes: :laugh: (except any S version)

LMAO!
Well I had the S4 from new when I was 36, I wouldn't say thats old, nor is it an old mans car!
I can see where 08micsta is coming from, the cabin in the Audi's really is top notch, and as its a fairly big/heavy car it feels well planted. The S4 really pulls like a train all the way to 155mph, 0-62 in 5.6secs I think from memory, but its above those speeds where it really comes into its own. I was cruising in Germany at 155mph (electronically restricted), and the car seemed to "squat down" and felt very stable. (I have had a few 4 wheel drifts in it myself as I thrashed it around the "Ring" twice, and have had a few advanced driving lessons, track days etc)

Although I actually prefer my GTI to the Audi, its not as high a standard of build, period. I test drove an R32, the GTI and many other cars before deciding, and went for the GTI as it was a good all-rounder,  went well, and cost a shedload less on fuel.

Before slamming the Audi's, go and test drive any of the A3's, A4's or an S/RS if you can find one.

Also a note about the leather, the Audi version is so soft and high quality, where the VW looks and feels "rubbery", even though its similar cost.

Still loving the GTI though, a lot easier to live with than having 40K sat on the drive depreciating. If I had the cash coming out of my ears with no mortgage, it'd be an RS4 for me, the GTI for the missus!

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 29 April 2008, 11:10 »
^^ i did say the Except the S versions, im not knocking Audis, if i had the money at the time i would have bought a new S3 over the ed30
« Last Edit: 29 April 2008, 11:12 by 182_blue »

NewGolf

« Reply #27 on: 29 April 2008, 11:15 »
^^ i did say the Except the S versions, im not knocking Audis, i had the money i would have bought a new S3 over the ed30

I was agreeing with you!  :smiley:

BTW I test drove an RS4 the other day, couldn't start the damn thing at first, kept turning the key but nothing happened apart from the dash lights came on. Forgot about the push button thing!!! Was I embarressed having to ask how to start it!

Man that cars violent, revs to 8k easily and pulls like a jumbo jet on take off.

Oh and the noise.....!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #28 on: 29 April 2008, 11:18 »
The noise is what surprised me about this Audi. Normally driving you dont hear much. But wow. Open her up and it roars. I love it.  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Join our group now!

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 29 April 2008, 11:19 »
^^ i did say the Except the S versions, im not knocking Audis, i had the money i would have bought a new S3 over the ed30

I was agreeing with you!  :smiley:

BTW I test drove an RS4 the other day, couldn't start the damn thing at first, kept turning the key but nothing happened apart from the dash lights came on. Forgot about the push button thing!!! Was I embarressed having to ask how to start it!

Man that cars violent, revs to 8k easily and pulls like a jumbo jet on take off.

Oh and the noise.....!

yeh sorry, im confused, i will up late queing in Tescos to get GTA4 lol