Author Topic: Audi A4 3.0 Litre Quattro- Someone help me  (Read 3955 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: Audi A4 3.0 Litre Quattro- Someone help me
« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2008, 10:09 »
whoa whoa whoa.. are you talking about a DIESEL audi? haha.. hush now.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2008, 10:11 »
Weight of A4:

1510 KG

Weight of R32:

1594 KG

:grin:

Im running out of excuses  :undecided:

no. Its a petrol and a manual

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2008, 10:15 »
Then the stats you posted are way off, where are you getting these from? An 06 quattro audi is 1580 and the R32 1510, methinks your sources are a little misguided.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #13 on: 29 April 2008, 10:17 »
I took them off Carfolio.com

I spoke to Francois. The car is a 2003 model. Its the B6 or something generation.

:embarassed:Wikipedia is your friend  :embarassed:

Sorry for the confusion.

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #14 on: 29 April 2008, 10:25 »
Ah, now I see.. I know the model you mean, its a whopping 5kg lighter than the R32. Low down torque monster, it may be close up to 60mph but after that it's byebye Mr. Audi. You can't really compare it to any model mk5 golf though, they're cars from different generations.

ps. your point about cyclists only works with people that have no driving experience.. once you start driving you'll soon see what its all about :afro:

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 29 April 2008, 10:27 »
Micsta...when looking at cars i did look at an S4 and an RS4 (i have a friend with an RS4), even considered an S3 but....for some reason at this age i feel more of a hatch guy plus the roads in gib are not that wide and having a saloon for me may be abit difficult, im not the best at judging the car in tight spaces and am often scared of scratching anything...but...maybe you should consider a good drive in an R32, with a good driver ofcourse who cycles  :grin: (sorry for that) and then you might just change your mind....dont think the exhaust note of the A4 could compare with the R32 either  :cool:

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #16 on: 29 April 2008, 10:30 »
Now bring on the ED30 boys telling us we're all wrong and you don't need 4wd to go round bends quickly :laugh:

Offline Cass

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 29 April 2008, 10:38 »
In my own considered opinion, cycling has nothing to contribute to driving a car on the roads properly. Get some good advanced driver training to see how a car can perform dynamically and go and practice on a track. Then drive it properly and legally on a road. Job done :smug:

Cass
Now: VW Touareg Altitude V6 TDI 3.0 240 bhp, Diamond Pearlescent Black
Previous: MY2007 GTI, 3 door, manual, pearlescent black and lots of toys - gone to a good home : )

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 29 April 2008, 10:41 »
Hey Mike,

I kinda get where your coming from on this as I had an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport. Ok not the quickest thing around (180BHP), but OMG what a fantastic car. Also very tunable and such a Q car.

Not sure about the 3 Litre what with fuel cost etc, and the extra weight. If you insist on an Audi mate go for the 1.8T or 2.0T. Less weight, more fuel efficient and limitless tuning possibility..................

All said and done though Mike, it's not a GTI  :wink: :wink:

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 29 April 2008, 10:42 »
Now bring on the ED30 boys telling us we're all wrong and you don't need 4wd to go round bends quickly :laugh:

What Topher said!!  :grin: :grin: