Author Topic: First Fault  (Read 871 times)

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
First Fault
« on: 27 July 2021, 13:33 »
Afternoon all,

My car is creeping towards the 1,000 mile mark, I'm on software 1666 and thus far have only had issues with temps not syncing which I'd hoped would be about it.

However, I had noticed recently the click click sound which seems to result in the SOS call and the online E-sim connectivity re-booting. Today on the drive back from work it did it and I then got the dreaded SOS call fault. I assumed if I reset the infotainment it would re-boot and come back on line. The infotainment stuck on "loading settings" for the remainder of the journey with the SOS light off and the fault light showing on the dash.

I know I won't be the only one with this and will clearly need to ring the garage but just wondered if any of you wouldn't mind sharing previous experiences.

PS I did search the forum and couldn't find anything SOS specific so apologies if there is a thread somewhere on this.
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Re: First Fault
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2021, 14:01 »
I saw this on the fb group last night. I believe a tech from VW was on there and said there is now a fix released for this issue if you book it in - new module rings a bell, but I can’t remember what exactly was said.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2021, 14:26 »
Oh deep joy!!!
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Tricky tree

• Not said much yet
  • Golf Gti DSG, dolphin grey.
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2021, 16:09 »
Mine started doing this a month or so ago. 2 loud pops and various messages telling me that privacy mode can't be detected, that the emergency SOS call is activated and it then usually logs me out as primary user. At first it happened at one specific spot, near Butterton for anyone in North Staffordshire, but these last couple of weeks it's in various places and more frequent. I'm now running 1788 software and apart from very infrequent problems with parking sensors the car had settled down.