Author Topic: Done my first long distance drive today…few issues  (Read 1892 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Done my first long distance drive today…few issues
« Reply #10 on: 22 July 2021, 16:23 »
Yup thats it.

It controls both the cruise control and the headlight deflection.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 22 July 2021, 16:28 »
Yup thats it.

Cheers mate. Wasn’t sure as the option doesn’t make sense as when you select it it says ‘traffic on the left’ ‘traffic on the right’. I had to select ‘traffic on the left’ to get it to show ‘driving on the right’.

Confusing, but it doesn’t take much for me.

Are you experiencing other settings changing back on their own? I am. I turn unlock on approach, but turned it off. However, now again it seems to be on again and unlocks. Really annoying.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 22 July 2021, 16:40 »
Speed limit warnings sometimes turn themselves off or adjust the threshold (i have it set to 3mph over)

At least once its dumped all of my HK equaliser settings too...

Unlock on approach only works if you approach the car from the rear.... most of the time. Never works from the front or the side...

Phone fails to connect to bluetooth about once in every two times. I have a fix using macrodroid but its a pain in the bum.

Also, yes, wireless charging while using wireless ACP/AA nav will cook your phone to the point at which it shuts down...

The BMW I had for the day did the same.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 22 July 2021, 17:55 »
I changed it to driving in the left in the settings.

I spoke to the service dept from the dealer I bought it from, she said there are no recalls or software updates available for me car, I said there was, I’m running 1766 and there is 1803 and she said it’s not available for your car, I said it is as others have it. She begrudgingly arranged a service for me.

They also don’t do courtesy cars, despite restrictions being lifted and other dealers offering them in the height of the pandemic. It’s not great really.

I had mine set to drive on the left and the result was what I mentioned above, slamming on breaks when overtaking cars on the left - so made absolutely no difference.

I do think that turning that to driving on the left stops the beam from going across onto oncoming traffic though

So after reading this I went to my car and in headlight settings this said ‘driving on the right’ I have now changed it to the above. I guess that is correct? Is that the right place to change it?

When I collected the car and travel back down from Scotland on the M6, it was doing the same as yours, slamming the brakes on when I overtook with a car on the N/S lane. Hope this now solves it or does it need changing elsewhere?

Cheers

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 22 July 2021, 20:54 »
Yup thats it.

Cheers mate. Wasn’t sure as the option doesn’t make sense as when you select it it says ‘traffic on the left’ ‘traffic on the right’. I had to select ‘traffic on the left’ to get it to show ‘driving on the right’.

Confusing, but it doesn’t take much for me.

Are you experiencing other settings changing back on their own? I am. I turn unlock on approach, but turned it off. However, now again it seems to be on again and unlocks. Really annoying.

Mines the same next time you get in the car it will have changed itself to driving on the right again

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #15 on: 23 July 2021, 16:05 »
and there was me thinking the 17XX and 18XX had resolved some of these issues!

Hopefully around the 12th Jantoburary VW will have a software fix!!!!
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver