Author Topic: Software issues  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
Software issues
« on: 08 July 2021, 11:48 »
Morning all,

So, I am aware that people have been having issues with the infotainment software and I’m no different. I have managed to set myself up as the primary user but this has now seemed to cause issues in load up time. It honestly can take u to a couple of minutes for the system to even start up which is crazy! I have mention in previous post that it seems to remember previous settings like the unlock when you approach. I have turned this off on but my user settings and the guest but every now and again it unlocks when I go near it.

Has anyone reset the system and started from scratch and logged in with your VW connect user? If so has this stopped all the bugs?

I am one behind on the latest software so maybe I need to go get this updated.

I am wanting to be the primary user so I can use the GPS settings in case the car gets nicked but with the guest user still present you can by pass the pin at the beginning by just selecting another user. Tempted to scrap all that and get an Apple airbag and hide it in the car. They are only £29.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Cheers
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Re: Software issues
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2021, 13:40 »
You can't turn off the Guest which is really mental considering they can effectively hide the car.

Apply airbag, don't they rely on Bluetooth to track (i.e needs to be close enough to the phone to pick up?)

Interested If I've got this wrong
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2021, 13:56 »
Airtags work on a hive network, as long as one is close an iPhone, doesn't have to be yours, it will transmit it's location. A guy sent his in the post from up North to London and was able to track it all the way through the Royal Mail network.
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2021, 14:11 »
Airtags work on a hive network, as long as one is close an iPhone, doesn't have to be yours, it will transmit it's location. A guy sent his in the post from up North to London and was able to track it all the way through the Royal Mail network.

Wow! May have to invest in a couple of those then thanks
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2021, 15:34 »
Cant get VW connect to work on the phone at all. Logs all the info etc but thats it.

When I try to flash the or beep it says location not found.
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2021, 18:33 »
You can't turn off the Guest which is really mental considering they can effectively hide the car.

Apply airbag, don't they rely on Bluetooth to track (i.e needs to be close enough to the phone to pick up?)

Interested If I've got this wrong

You are right, it is mental you can’t delete guest. So even at initial start up, can you not put your VW connect user details in and that bypasses having a guest?

A mate of mine has bought four Apple airtags and swears by them. I think for £29 I’m going to get one as well.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.