Author Topic: New Mk8 GTI collected today - couple of issues!  (Read 4769 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: New Mk8 GTI collected today - couple of issues!
« Reply #20 on: 05 July 2021, 18:08 »
Flickering rear camera... I've seen that from others but never heard of a fix...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Shalako

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 05 July 2021, 18:59 »
I collected by GTI CS last week which although sold as ‘brand new’ was from the showroom - presumably like yours - and when I collected the car I noticed a small dink on the corner of the honeycombe fascia situated behind the steering wheel. They have of course said they will replace the fascia but still annoying, I guess it’s been in the showroom for a few months so has had people sitting in the car, I got a great deal on it so I shouldn’t get too upset but I am jealous of you folk who have ordered factory fresh so you should hopefully not have to put up with these minor issues.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 05 July 2021, 19:12 »
Is that motorline Coulsdon? If so it’s had been there a while on the top floor as could be seen from the road, going back a while, to at least when the showrooms were still closed as I couldn’t get in to sit in it, otherwise I would have done!
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline TommyCockles

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 05 July 2021, 19:22 »
Is that motorline Coulsdon? If so it’s had been there a while on the top floor as could be seen from the road, going back a while, to at least when the showrooms were still closed as I couldn’t get in to sit in it, otherwise I would have done!

Think it might be - I saw on the Motorline website that they had a silver GTI Clubsport in stock at Coulsdon. Funnily enough my GTI with the scratch on the infotainment surround was from Motorline Gatwick. I also got a pretty good deal from them too at their recent sames event. They even gave me the £1250 deposit contribution as a cash discount on top of the already discounted price to save the hassle of going through VWFS.

Offline Shalako

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 05 July 2021, 19:57 »

Yes correct, I know it’s been there at least four months, they also had a nice Black demonstrator CS with the 18” Grey Prets if anyone is interested. They did that £1250 cash back thing, included 2 x free services and fitted the rear camera, the price I paid was less than a standard manual Mk8 Golf GTI which for a car that retails at 38k I thought was ok.
My rationale behind the purchase is explained here;
https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287879.msg2640913#msg2640913

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 06 July 2021, 22:11 »
 I am jealous of you folk who have ordered factory fresh so you should hopefully not have to put up with these minor issues.

[/quote]
you would think factory order should be spotless but not always the little scratches are usually during handover prep from the staffs.
my GTI was picked up from factory in Autostadt Germany but that didn't spare it a little scratch around the alloy wheels air valves and a light scratch on the piano black around the gear shifter.

best way to avoid the tiny scratches is to ask them to leave the plastic protection foil on the car
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.