Author Topic: Mk7.5 gti performance v mk8 clubsport  (Read 3453 times)

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
Re: Mk7.5 gti performance v mk8 clubsport
« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2021, 08:53 »
Some great h and info in these posts thanks good to hear from people who have made the swop must have been offered 2500 more for my GTI than this time last year! So I am very tempted to swop also keep looking at Golf R last of the mk7.5 s and BMW m135i X drive too. Not really sure what to do  :grin:
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 18 July 2021, 10:10 »
Some great h and info in these posts thanks good to hear from people who have made the swop must have been offered 2500 more for my GTI than this time last year! So I am very tempted to swop also keep looking at Golf R last of the mk7.5 s and BMW m135i X drive too. Not really sure what to do  :grin:

If in doubt more cylinders will help you out :drool:

But seriously though, the new interior in the BMW's would very very quickly sway me IMO it is next level compared to the mk7.5 interior which I think is better than the mk8 (Mk8 interior is growing on me but it's no BMW).

But I'd also raise this issue, with a 135i you will look like you're police now a lot of them are buying plenty of them, so it's really down to if you want to have a moustache & a BMW or a Golf R  :wink:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #22 on: 18 July 2021, 22:52 »
I looked at the M135ix drive there were three things that swayed me to my CS:

1. The M135i doesn’t actually look that different to a 116i m-sport
2. It sounds pants and relies on the internal sound generator (especially compared to the CS exhaust)
3. Trade in was also poo at BMW compared to Vw (not an issue if seeking through WBAC or similar though I suppose!)

There were a few other things with the BM too from the reviews I’d read and watched. I have no regrets at all going for my Golf and avoiding the BM
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 20 July 2021, 18:39 »

I’m in the unfortunate position to have owned about half a dozen Mk7’s of varying performance and drivetrain configurations as well as an M135i X-Drive F40.
By unfortunate I mean as regards to my bank balance!

The 135i is quite a different beast to a Golf. Clearly BMW have benchmarked a Golf and A3 in its design but the engineering feels on a higher level than the VAG offerings in some respects, the solidity and interior quality are on another plane altogether.
The BMW steering is a lot more twitchy and the engine and gearbox feel more brawny but performance wise they’re all on about a par. Same with fuel economy.
All great cars, just in different ways.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #24 on: 21 July 2021, 09:06 »
The two things to watch out for on the M135i is:

a) service costs - BMW really gouge the hell out of you
b) tyres - it eats them with uneven wear patterns

Other than that, its a lovely car for sure but its definitely not really a Golf R, even less of a Mk8 R.

They used to be quite cheap to buy too, not so much any more....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #25 on: 23 July 2021, 16:08 »
The two things to watch out for on the M135i is:

a) service costs - BMW really gouge the hell out of you
b) tyres - it eats them with uneven wear patterns

Other than that, its a lovely car for sure but its definitely not really a Golf R, even less of a Mk8 R.

They used to be quite cheap to buy too, not so much any more....

Your not wrong on servicing, I had a 320d a few years ago and the main dealer wasn't much more than my local inde, I considered an M2 (used) as well as the M135ix before I got my golf and their prices have rocketed!!!!
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver