Author Topic: Coding Reverse Camera  (Read 2303 times)

Offline axe1986

• Not said much yet
Coding Reverse Camera
« on: 28 June 2021, 12:25 »
Hi All,

Does anyone know where i can get the VW reverse camera retrofit coded to work? Is it VW only who can do it?

Thanks in advance

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
Re: Coding Reverse Camera
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2021, 16:04 »
Hi Axe,

Are you saying that you've had a retrofit reverse camera fitted and it's not working properly?

I wanted a reverse camera on my Clubsport but I got a car from stock, as many others have, so no camera was fitted. When I asked VW about a retrofit they were totally uninterested in having anything to do with it and advised against it 
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline axe1986

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2021, 08:40 »
Hi Axe,

Are you saying that you've had a retrofit reverse camera fitted and it's not working properly?

I wanted a reverse camera on my Clubsport but I got a car from stock, as many others have, so no camera was fitted. When I asked VW about a retrofit they were totally uninterested in having anything to do with it and advised against it

Hi, Yes that's correct. Self retro fitted but needs coding afterwards

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2021, 08:58 »
Hi All,

Does anyone know where i can get the VW reverse camera retrofit coded to work? Is it VW only who can do it?

Thanks in advance

You could try vwretrofit in Redditch - he did the same to my 7.5 GTI and it worked perfectly

However saying that, I’m not sure anyone has managed to make changes to a MK8 yet
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2021, 10:52 »
Advanced In-Car technologies have installed and coded the reverse camera on the Golf 8:
https://youtu.be/HfWFzjWA5BA
The Infotainment unit needs to be coded which is SFD protected...