Author Topic: latest software?  (Read 4393 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: latest software?
« Reply #30 on: 28 July 2021, 13:20 »
Fred I agree that it’s the way it’s being handled and I’m not an owner yet!

SRGTD the potential harm to the brand could be huge, I agree. This is broadly a forum of die hard Vw fans too so if we feel it….
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
Re: latest software?
« Reply #31 on: 05 August 2021, 22:05 »
So, I have started to get a little peed off with this software rubbish. The other day I got into the car and apple car play loaded up but when I played any tracks the sound came out of my phone. Checked my phone was linked to the car and it was but couldn’t solve it. Got to where I was going parked up and came back to the car two hours later, thinking it will have sorted itself out, but no, carried on doing the same thing. Had to totally delete the phone from the system and linked it back up. Then today, I set off to drop the kids at a sports school. The journey there took 20 mins. Parked up and engine off. Drop kids off and back into the car to do the 20 min return trip and the whole journey there and back the screen just said ‘loading’. It seems fine now but these faults are becoming too often. I would book it in but what’s the point as I’m only one update behind the latest one and people on here are saying that hasn’t sorted much. I had a 2019 Ford Focus before this and that never missed a beat on the infotainment. It’s the most frustrating part of this car because other than that I absolutely love it.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.