Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 100411 times)

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #260 on: 26 July 2021, 15:40 »
So my car went in today to be sorted, I am on software 1788 and was categorically told that there was no software update available. There was a big one in the works from VW but couldn’t tell me when this was due out and o just had to wait. He said it will fix the ACC issue and roadsign recognition.

I am absolutely raging that despite my car slowing itself down randomly and not allowing me to overtake whilst using ACC they expect me just to accept it and keep paying.  :angry:

My speaker is also faulty and I need a new one. Not sure I fancy them taking my whole dashboard off mind so might just make do with the crackle. Only happens once.

Get in touch with VW U.K. executive office. They’re currently dealing with my complaint

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #261 on: 26 July 2021, 16:39 »
So my car went in today to be sorted, I am on software 1788 and was categorically told that there was no software update available. There was a big one in the works from VW but couldn’t tell me when this was due out and o just had to wait. He said it will fix the ACC issue and roadsign recognition.

I am absolutely raging that despite my car slowing itself down randomly and not allowing me to overtake whilst using ACC they expect me just to accept it and keep paying.  :angry:

My speaker is also faulty and I need a new one. Not sure I fancy them taking my whole dashboard off mind so might just make do with the crackle. Only happens once.

Get in touch with VW U.K. executive office. They’re currently dealing with my complaint

Literally just got any email from them now and sat on hold, great minds think alike.

The dealers approach was ‘just don’t use the ACC’

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #262 on: 27 July 2021, 11:49 »

Literally just got any email from them now and sat on hold, great minds think alike.

The dealers approach was ‘just don’t use the ACC’

Had a call from the exc office today. Told the software is not done by VW and they are waiting for the company to release new software as a priory… apparently. Just told I have to wait until it’s available and they will give me a call when they have an update.

Not very helpful at all. Basically it’s- we know your brand new car is faulty but there’s nothing we can do.

:angry:

Have you had any luck ?

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #263 on: 27 July 2021, 11:57 »
Not yet, after my time on hold yesterday he was not available, she sent him a message asking to call me back but hasn’t yet.

If I am being honest I’m going to push for some discount via VWFS until it works properly. I don’t expect to be paying the amount I am per month for a car that doesn’t function correctly, and to be told to just not use the ACC is not really good enough.

I will see what VWUK say today if/when they call, and then contact VWFS depending on the outcome of the call. To me, my car slamming on the breaks for no reason other than it thinks I’m in a 40 zone, on an empty motorway is inexcusable. Imagine if it done that on a busy motorway and someone went up my backside with my boy in the back!!!

Edit: Thought I'd give him a quick call, surprise hes not available again. She pointed out that the email states they will call within 2 working days, I pointed out the email advises I can contact him and provides a number, if this is the case don't give me the option to call him. I also asked how VW can deem it acceptable for me to drive a car that may, or may not, break itself randomly posing a saftey risk when I have my 3 month old in the back - needless to say she didnt have an answer.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2021, 12:10 by wizzywig27 »

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #264 on: 27 July 2021, 12:57 »
Some of the issues in here beggar belief - and significant safety risks, too. All I can say is you all have way more patience and faith that I'd have. 
« Last Edit: 28 July 2021, 06:35 by Splashalot »
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #265 on: 27 July 2021, 14:59 »
Not yet, after my time on hold yesterday he was not available, she sent him a message asking to call me back but hasn’t yet.

If I am being honest I’m going to push for some discount via VWFS until it works properly. I don’t expect to be paying the amount I am per month for a car that doesn’t function correctly, and to be told to just not use the ACC is not really good enough.

I will see what VWUK say today if/when they call, and then contact VWFS depending on the outcome of the call. To me, my car slamming on the breaks for no reason other than it thinks I’m in a 40 zone, on an empty motorway is inexcusable. Imagine if it done that on a busy motorway and someone went up my backside with my boy in the back!!!

Edit: Thought I'd give him a quick call, surprise hes not available again. She pointed out that the email states they will call within 2 working days, I pointed out the email advises I can contact him and provides a number, if this is the case don't give me the option to call him. I also asked how VW can deem it acceptable for me to drive a car that may, or may not, break itself randomly posing a saftey risk when I have my 3 month old in the back - needless to say she didnt have an answer.

I got told that I just had to switch the cruises control off and the car wasn’t dangerous, and what one person deems dangerous is different to what someone else thinks it is  :rolleyes:. Told me the car wouldn’t slam on its brakes - just slow it down. I don’t think they actually care

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #266 on: 27 July 2021, 15:07 »
Yes, I got told to turn of the ACC and not use it. It is a bit of a joke! Next port of call for me is VWFS - happy to keep the car for a % of my PCP to be returned to me. Otherwise I will reject it  :evil:

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #267 on: 27 July 2021, 15:47 »
I emailed my dealer a list of 10 ongoing issues that have not been solved.
Its booked in again for their head tech to have another good look and for me to demonstrate the issues.

My GTI is leased through VWFS, not sure where I would be in terms of rejecting the car could someone copy the email here for VWUK complaints or do I go to VWFS?

So far its been in 4 times previously, with 16 days in total, this will be its 5th time in.

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #268 on: 27 July 2021, 18:41 »
I emailed my dealer a list of 10 ongoing issues that have not been solved.
Its booked in again for their head tech to have another good look and for me to demonstrate the issues.

My GTI is leased through VWFS, not sure where I would be in terms of rejecting the car could someone copy the email here for VWUK complaints or do I go to VWFS?

So far its been in 4 times previously, with 16 days in total, this will be its 5th time in.

andrew.savvas@volkswagen.co.uk

Offline GtiJames

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #269 on: 27 July 2021, 22:06 »
I picked up my clubsport a few weeks ago got a low mileage second hand one, used to be on here with a mk5 ed30 many moons ago. Nice to be back but also had a few issues.

So far I’ve had the random static pops from what sounds like the speakers only a few times but is noticeable. The other day after a long drive I got the sos fault pop up with an exclamation mark this cleared itself when I got home and turned it off and on. Then this morning when I turned it on I got the parking warning error message which also fixed itself when I got home and turned it off and on.

Also the crash warning system I find is a bit too sensitive and the ACC has annoyed me a few times as well random braking and tugs at the steering wheel are a little bit off putting.

Software is the 1666. It’s still under warranty but bought from a independent dealer is it ok to visit local VW dealer to get it looked at?