Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 100410 times)

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #230 on: 23 June 2021, 19:34 »
1703 I think

Thanks for the reply Fred. Was 1788 ever a software release?

Did you get your car sorted today Fred?
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #231 on: 23 June 2021, 19:41 »
Actually it's 1803, my typo earlier.

No my car they have kept over night...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #232 on: 23 June 2021, 23:39 »

Thanks again Fred. Hopefully they fulfill my request and update my software while doing the PDI.

Hopefully your car is all sorted when you pick it up tomorrow, fingers crossed for you.

Offline TommyCockles

• Not said much yet
« Reply #233 on: 25 June 2021, 12:40 »

Thanks again Fred. Hopefully they fulfill my request and update my software while doing the PDI.

Hopefully your car is all sorted when you pick it up tomorrow, fingers crossed for you.

Hey maximus - I've literally just been through this with my car. When I bought the car I saw it was on 1788 and I was keen for it to be updated to 1803. They did tell me initially that they would only update the software if there was an issue requiring an update. After some persuasive persistence they have done the update to 1803 for me.  I think a lot depends on the dealership but hopefully they will also update yours to the latest version.  I can't for the life of me think why this should be an issue - surely if there is a newer more stable version of the software available then it would make sense to update it on the vehicle?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #234 on: 25 June 2021, 19:04 »
Well i got an update for keyless and the infotainment... Neither has made them work properly  :angry:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #235 on: 27 June 2021, 23:24 »

Hey maximus - I've literally just been through this with my car. When I bought the car I saw it was on 1788 and I was keen for it to be updated to 1803. They did tell me initially that they would only update the software if there was an issue requiring an update. After some persuasive persistence they have done the update to 1803 for me.  I think a lot depends on the dealership but hopefully they will also update yours to the latest version.  I can't for the life of me think why this should be an issue - surely if there is a newer more stable version of the software available then it would make sense to update it on the vehicle?

Thanks for that Tommy, I'll forward that image to my dealer. I'll be pretty mad but not surprised if I receive it with the earlier software! It baffles me too as to why they don't update to the latest software during PDI.

I'm still quite excited for delivery on Thursday evening now! Straight up for PPF and ceramic coating Friday morning. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy it in peace then from Saturday evening/Sunday morning!

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #236 on: 15 July 2021, 19:26 »

(courtesy of my fellow tech nut Massimo  :cool:)
Thanks 🙏 Fred I had to download this image to convince my dealer to install the latest update on my GTi.
At first the dealer said they are not aware of any 1803 update but when I showed them the picture they ask me to leave the car with them for 2 hours.
It’s now updated from 1788 to 1803
I really hope this will speed up the display start up time and screen response every time I start up the car especially in the morning.
The biggest issue i had was my speed warning always resetting to default 0 and no warning when driving over the speed limit. even, though I set it several times to warn me when am 5 kilometers over allowed speed limit. It usually work when set but resets to default 0 without notice which has resulted in 2 speeding ticket so far.
I thought it will warn me When I am 5 kilometers over the allowed speed limit but instead I got flashed 📸     

« Last Edit: 15 July 2021, 19:30 by bjbanny »
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #237 on: 15 July 2021, 21:09 »
It's not just me with the speed limit warning problems then!

Some days it changes to a different value, other days it turns off altogether.

I'm on 1668 and it's still doing it.

I think it's something to do with the user profile download...

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #238 on: 15 July 2021, 22:52 »
I’m on 1803 and it’s getting progressively  worse with more issues appearing daily:

Reverse camera screen blank sometimes
Parking sensors not working
Speed signs showing kph
CarPlay black screen
Long start uptime and then  extremely laggy when switching between a screens and 3 second delay when pressing the CLIMA button.
Sat nav stuck on “loading”

It’s been to the dealer and they’ve said VW a know about the problems and aware working on an SW update, but they have no date for this yet, so basically I just have to live with it ! It’s utterly ridiculous

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #239 on: 16 July 2021, 09:59 »
Supposedly there is a "big fix" coming... I've seen several reliable sources talk of this.

Was rumoured to be July.... but...