Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 98472 times)

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #160 on: 22 April 2021, 19:28 »
I do find it very odd that they have not come across the climate sync issue before. As far as I can tell it doesnt work on any Golf 8, not just GTI's...clearly not a a game breaking bug, and one I am sure will be sorted eventually, but after the issues I have had so far, I've come too far with them not to continue!

The software saga continues...

It does work on some mk8’s has always worked on my gti,and a friends,I also know of 2 other people with mk8 golfs and they both work too.

Good to know, thanks

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #161 on: 22 April 2021, 20:08 »
I do find it very odd that they have not come across the climate sync issue before. As far as I can tell it doesnt work on any Golf 8, not just GTI's...clearly not a a game breaking bug, and one I am sure will be sorted eventually, but after the issues I have had so far, I've come too far with them not to continue!

The software saga continues...

It does work on some mk8’s has always worked on my gti,and a friends,I also know of 2 other people with mk8 golfs and they both work too.

Good to know, thanks

Works fine on my MK GTI

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #162 on: 22 April 2021, 21:46 »
I've read elsewhere that all sorts of variations in controller hardware exists. Someone suggested besides the mib unit at least five other control modules were changed from week 48. I don't really know what to say about that, am feeling rather annoyed that they've clearly fixed the problems but not for older builds.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline rubberduck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #163 on: 23 April 2021, 20:07 »
I've just checked my car which arrived on Wednesday and it's on version 1664, so pretty old I'm assuming :rolleyes:

Any idea how long the checking for software updates might take? I tried it earlier and it didn't seem to get anywhere after 5 minutes.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #164 on: 23 April 2021, 20:16 »
I've just checked my car which arrived on Wednesday and it's on version 1664, so pretty old I'm assuming :rolleyes:

Any idea how long the checking for software updates might take? I tried it earlier and it didn't seem to get anywhere after 5 minutes.

It doesn’t do software updates over the air,just infotainment updates.

I wouldn’t worry what software version you have as long as there are no faults.Im on 1664 and all faults have been fixed.

Offline rubberduck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #165 on: 23 April 2021, 21:35 »

I wouldn’t worry what software version you have as long as there are no faults.Im on 1664 and all faults have been fixed.

Ah cool, okay, the only fault I've had is the infotainment crashed twice yesterday, seemed to happen when I clicked the voice button, tried to exit it, and was using wireless CarPlay :grin: I also can't set up the primary user for some reason.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #166 on: 23 April 2021, 21:40 »

Ah cool, okay, the only fault I've had is the infotainment crashed twice yesterday, seemed to happen when I clicked the voice button, tried to exit it, and was using wireless CarPlay :grin: I also can't set up the primary user for some reason.

The primary user thing can be a pain to get working,which isn’t helped by the Vw servers being down rather often.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2021, 22:00 by Dave1rs »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #167 on: 23 April 2021, 21:53 »
Setting up primary user is a massive pain in the bum. It shouldn't be, but it is.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #168 on: 24 April 2021, 02:22 »
Setting up primary user is a massive pain in the bum. It shouldn't be, but it is.
I still cringe every time I see someone mention it.  What an absolute ball-ache I had with that!
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Sniffer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #169 on: 26 April 2021, 11:23 »
I read elsewhere that Software Version 1803 is soon to be released by VW. 

Does anyone know anything about this version? Is it for the earlier B Unit or the current D Unit, for example?
Long Since: 1981-84 Mk1 Golf GTI (Black);
Long Since: 1984-86 Mk 2 Golf GTI (White);
Long Since: 1986-88 Scirocco GTX (Graphite)
Gap - The Sensible Years (Mostly)
Gone: 2016-18 Mk 7 Golf GT TDI; (Silver)
Gone: 2018-20 Mk7.5 Golf GTI DSG (Red)
Gone: 2020 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (White)
Gone: 2021 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Pearl Black),19"Adelaides, Sports Susp and Winter Pack.
2024 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Kings Red), 19" Adelaides, Sports Susp, Winter Pack & Rear View Camera.