Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 100814 times)

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #110 on: 30 March 2021, 14:01 »
No I expected that.... any car built after the day mine was built will have D variant hardware, 1788 software and the map in the dash.

But that’s not what VW are saying...

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #111 on: 30 March 2021, 14:02 »
No I expected that.... any car built after the day mine was built will have D variant hardware, 1788 software and the map in the dash.

No but what VW said was BS.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #112 on: 30 March 2021, 14:03 »

No but what VW said was BS.

Fair enough, but I’m not sure that calling it BS will help me haha

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #113 on: 30 March 2021, 16:35 »

Is that what you need?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #114 on: 30 March 2021, 17:00 »
Yes, thats a much later car - made in 2021.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #115 on: 03 April 2021, 18:59 »
So latest software bug is it throws up some long message about me being a primary user since a specific date then logs me out. Never get chance to read what it actually says as it only pops up for about 5 seconds.

If this carry’s on I’m close to rejecting the car! 4 garage visits just to get the thing working!

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #116 on: 03 April 2021, 19:07 »
So latest software bug is it throws up some long message about me being a primary user since a specific date then logs me out. Never get chance to read what it actually says as it only pops up for about 5 seconds.

If this carry’s on I’m close to rejecting the car! 4 garage visits just to get the thing working!

That’s a Vw server issue,not a software one. Must have been the servers down which happens quite often.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #117 on: 03 April 2021, 19:20 »
They take the servers offline loads. Its terrible really. You don't see amazon or Facebook offline... Not ever.

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #118 on: 04 April 2021, 01:49 »

Happened to me, too.  Go into User Settings, if it is set to Guest then set it back to you.  I did that and not long after - possibly the next time I had left the car for a while and then started up again, it asked me to log in with my e-mail & PW and then asked for my S-PIN (even though I had unchecked the requirement option a couple of weeks ago).  Once entered, everything went back to normal.  As said, it was likely a server-side change of some kind that resulted in everyone being logged out.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #119 on: 04 April 2021, 20:42 »
Today mine advised me that traffic sign recognition was successfully activated and to enjoy my new feature... Ermm OK volkswagen.

I have no idea what that means, unless it means it's been updated ota.