Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 100407 times)

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #40 on: 19 March 2021, 17:20 »
Thanks for the post, General. 

Any chance you are able to check if your update has enabled wireless Android Auto, please?

So, did you ring them to highlight the faults and got told to go in, or did you just turn up to do so and they had a look there and then?

Hi Brocky, afraid I only use Apple so I can’t confirm about wireless android. I had a look in the app connect settings and nothing jumped out at me sorry.

I just booked it in on the dealers website and listed the faults. They have been pretty good to be fair, just would like to get everything in full working order!

This is the software version from today’s update...

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 19 March 2021, 17:50 »
That's unfortunate.  If the opportunity to try it arises, I would very much appreciate if you could, please.

Thanks for the info.  Maybe I will do as you did and list the issues I have had so far and see what happens.  Think I will wait for my ODB11 to arrive, so I can have a look-see first, though.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2021, 17:51 by Brocky_ »
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 19 March 2021, 18:22 »
That's unfortunate.  If the opportunity to try it arises, I would very much appreciate if you could, please.

Thanks for the info.  Maybe I will do as you did and list the issues I have had so far and see what happens.  Think I will wait for my ODB11 to arrive, so I can have a look-see first, though.

Will do, and if anyone could help with some images of the sat nav on the driver display to prove to VW its possible I would be grateful.

1668 doesn't fix the climate control sync issue by the way...

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #43 on: 19 March 2021, 18:54 »
Wireless android auto and nav in dash are both 1788... And 1788 uses different hardware. I suspect the android auto thing might even be that it needs different hardware...

I'm not sure anyone has persuaded a dealer to swap it over yet.

The climate sync sounds like it's climate software faults rather than infotainment ones. Get checking with obd...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #44 on: 19 March 2021, 19:20 »
Wireless android auto and nav in dash are both 1788... And 1788 uses different hardware. I suspect the android auto thing might even be that it needs different hardware...

I'm not sure anyone has persuaded a dealer to swap it over yet.

The climate sync sounds like it's climate software faults rather than infotainment ones. Get checking with obd...

I will attempt to be the first!

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #45 on: 19 March 2021, 19:37 »
Will do, and if anyone could help with some images of the sat nav on the driver display to prove to VW its possible I would be grateful.

1668 doesn't fix the climate control sync issue by the way...
Cheers.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen it on a UK car yet. I will keep an eye out, though.

I added to the poll a while ago but just got a shot of my System Screen.

Funnily enough, since I reset the infotainment to fix my Primary User issue, I've not had the front assist (or whatever it was) error. I'm not sure if that pleases or worries me.

I've never had an issue with the Clima Synch.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2021, 22:07 by Brocky_ »
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #46 on: 19 March 2021, 22:40 »
So have the people  on here who have voted 1788 got the map/nav in the digital cockpit ?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #47 on: 19 March 2021, 22:57 »
Yes they will have...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Snowman8888

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 19 March 2021, 23:21 »
So have the people  on here who have voted 1788 got the map/nav in the digital cockpit ?

Yes, mine has.  Not sure yet how much I’ll use it though as I prefer the bigger map on the infotainment screen.

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #49 on: 20 March 2021, 02:02 »
Yes, mine has.  Not sure yet how much I’ll use it though as I prefer the bigger map on the infotainment screen.
Are you in the UK, Snowman?  If so, could you please post a picture of it along with your System Info screen?  It's a long shot but it may go some way towards us convincing VW to start rolling out that update.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport