Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 100420 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #300 on: 26 August 2021, 09:39 »
Thats just moaning about the interface... which I've actually got used to tbh...

Mike Rutherford never should have split from Phil Colins, he did his best work there.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #301 on: 26 August 2021, 11:32 »
There are some posts on Facebook groups which refer to emergency braking for no reason and not with the cruise control on. Some of the guys on those groups are writing into Watchdog to try and get it into mainstream TV.

If the software is riddled which it appears to be it makes me wonder whether a software fix will fix some of these issues or it runs deeper. Lets face it these cars don't just have an ECU like they used to there are numerous computers/ interfaces in the vehicles to run all of the tech in them.

Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #302 on: 26 August 2021, 21:29 »
Are the same type of issues showing up on the EV's?  Would they be running a similar software package?
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline GtiJames

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #303 on: 27 August 2021, 11:12 »
I find it’s most annoying when reversing in to a parking spot with a curb behind it. It will sometimes suddenly slam on the emergency brake so hard it feels like you’ve hit something only for you to get out and see I’m a foot away from a low curb that wouldn’t even scrape the bumper.

Has woken the baby up a couple of times.

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #304 on: 27 August 2021, 11:58 »
I find it’s most annoying when reversing in to a parking spot with a curb behind it. It will sometimes suddenly slam on the emergency brake so hard it feels like you’ve hit something only for you to get out and see I’m a foot away from a low curb that wouldn’t even scrape the bumper.

Has woken the baby up a couple of times.

I’m glad you have mentioned this as it did it to me the other while parking up at work. I shat myself as like you I thought I had hit something only to find I was a mile off! Nice feature I guess.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline fuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #305 on: 28 August 2021, 11:07 »
Mines on 1666, having the update done next Wednesday.

Got the TPMS warning pop up today which I initially thought was genuine. Checked tyre pressures and all appeared fine with no pressure loss on any tyre (phew)

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #306 on: 28 August 2021, 11:40 »
I had that a couple of times on 1666, but not again since 1668 update

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #307 on: 20 October 2021, 13:42 »
Might as well keep all of the electronic gremlins in one thread...

I have noticed now the weather has changed that non-warm dry summer seems to yield more bongs.

This week I've had several different things bong on startup and fail.

I wonder if the issue like that isn't that the various system controllers aren't cold and sluggish and don't start fast enough, throwing an error.

Things like parking sensors, dynamic lighting, front assist.

We all know computers are actually slower when cold (its physics) so i wonder if thats the cause of the startup bongs.

Of course when you get somewhere, stop and come back to the car, everything is sweet... which does suggest temperature.

The controllers don't seem to recover other than a total car shutdown too... which is a pain.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #308 on: 20 October 2021, 15:08 »
Might as well keep all of the electronic gremlins in one thread...

I have noticed now the weather has changed that non-warm dry summer seems to yield more bongs.

This week I've had several different things bong on startup and fail.

I wonder if the issue like that isn't that the various system controllers aren't cold and sluggish and don't start fast enough, throwing an error.

Things like parking sensors, dynamic lighting, front assist.

We all know computers are actually slower when cold (its physics) so i wonder if thats the cause of the startup bongs.

Of course when you get somewhere, stop and come back to the car, everything is sweet... which does suggest temperature.

The controllers don't seem to recover other than a total car shutdown too... which is a pain.

I had all of the above on a fairly cool morning the other week. Once the car was warm pulled up at lights turned it off opened and closed the door then restarted and all the systems worked fine again
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #309 on: 20 October 2021, 17:57 »
Hmmm I know the door open and close works for the phone not connecting to Bluetooth... Didn't know about it fixing other things.

Good call!