Author Topic: SoundillusioN - the re-united mk1!  (Read 87606 times)

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
Re: SoundillusioN - the re-united mk1!
« Reply #140 on: 04 September 2012, 20:53 »
Damn, this car is absolutely my favourite example of a mk1  I've ever seen. Hats off to you dude, you've produced a masterpiece. Well jel ( heck yeah I'm down with the towie crew)  :smiley:
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #141 on: 04 September 2012, 22:34 »
looking at the pics of your rear beam, you may want to consider replacing the anti rollbar clamps/bushes as they are looking tired mate  :wink:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #142 on: 06 September 2012, 11:40 »
Damn, this car is absolutely my favourite example of a mk1  I've ever seen. Hats off to you dude, you've produced a masterpiece. Well jel ( heck yeah I'm down with the towie crew)  :smiley:

:grin:  Thanks for the kind words.. (PS no comments are supposed to be left in this section, hence why projects are duplicated in the dub rides section)

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=152606.0

looking at the pics of your rear beam, you may want to consider replacing the anti rollbar clamps/bushes as they are looking tired mate  :wink:

Yeah there's a few that need to doing and are noted... On my winter work list.  :wink:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #143 on: 28 December 2012, 19:45 »
I'm Back,

New exhaust system ordered. Give up with current setup.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #144 on: 07 January 2013, 13:54 »
 Time to say goodbye to the vintage Supersprint, and have a go with a Sportex Race System (deleted centre box)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #145 on: 07 October 2013, 18:39 »
So what have I been up to? Well if this was a home DIY forum we could be here for some time, thankfully it's not so we'll just get to the car stuff......ish.

Hired a car transporter for the house move as it was the easiest way to move all the cars.

New house (over 100 years old) needs everything, the rear is blessed with over a quarter of an acre with a garage in the middle of it.  It's not been used as one for a very long time, needs work but is structurally sound and dry as a bone.

Only one functioning door which was just wide enough to get the golf in after I had a tree taken down and dug a path to the entrance.

Got the golf in not long after moving in but the Mustang and the Van had to wait as neither would fit through the door.

Last week I finally got a very good deal on a suitable door. I think the pictures explain the rest.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #146 on: 07 August 2015, 14:58 »
Updating broken links in this and Dub Rides as updates to follow.   :cool:

Offline BadcarEurope

• Just got here
« Reply #147 on: 30 October 2015, 11:12 »
Looks good in the garage!
Huge amount of work out there... I'm impressed, man!
The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.