Author Topic: Bell insurance is the dogs!  (Read 5340 times)

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
Re: Bell insurance is the dogs!
« Reply #10 on: 08 December 2008, 00:12 »
just dont expect massively great customer service etc from bell and the likes.

For example, if your with someone like HIC, brentacre, Chris Knott etc theres 4-5 people in the office, they will be able to sort out any queries quickly and they also know the cars your talking about. You can ask for the person who was dealing with you previously and they will be easily accessible or be happy to call back and give you personal service.

However with bell you can get sent to any number of call centres, or get posted through to the bombay department who think a corrado is a rover.

Having said that, never had any real problems with bell in my two years of being with them, although i never had to go through a claims process. Did mess me about with adding a car to my insurance whilst at the end of the policy though. I moved away from them in the end as they are no good if you have more than a couple of mods, and i have quite a few.
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #11 on: 08 December 2008, 10:20 »
I'm with Admiral and costing me £890 declared alloys and lowering on a Mk3 Golf 1.8 GL.

I've not got any claims, no NCB and my parents are insured as additional drivers.

I didn't think it was too bad considering I was paying Kwik Fit £1400 with only alloys declared, they wanted to charge me £2500 if I wanted it lowered. f**k that.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #12 on: 08 December 2008, 11:06 »
Bell suck. THey might be cheap to buy insurance with but their customer service is aaweful. I cancelled a policy with them as I sold the car and they sent me my no claims proof. 3 months later they threatened to take me to court for not paying my insurance. I pointed out I had cancelled it and sold the car. THey said I hadn't cancelled it and that cause I'd told them I'd sold the car 3 months ago I had to pay an extra cancelation fee. I ended up paying £200 more than my policy was in the first place so it cost me more than if I had gone to HIC.

If you're desperate to get inurance for a fast and expensive care go for it, but I suspect if you ever have to claim you'll be lucky to get anything back out of them.

Nick

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 08 December 2008, 11:34 »
Are Admiral just as bad then? As when Ive been getting quotes through bell it says theyre part of the Admiral group :undecided:

Gotta find someone to insure me on my planned car :evil: :lipsrsealed:

Offline dovey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 09 December 2008, 15:42 »
Hi,

I used to be with Elephant who were pretty cheap, then had to move over to Admiral when I added some mods. (Elephant said we don't do modifications - although Admiral said Elephant do) anyway I didn't care because they're all the same company anyway (EUI Ltd).

EUI also own Bell, as well as a couple of other things including, interestingly, confused.com

Hmmm - wonder if the quotes on there are weighted / biased to their insurance companies?!?

Anyway, back to it - adding my mum brought the price down the same as you - I might try adding my 80 something year old grandad somewhen and see what happens there  :laugh:

Always been happy with Elephant / Admiral for price and service.
Cheers,
Chris

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 January 2009, 15:43 »
is that £1159 by paying it all in one go or monthly??????

I got some great quotes over the net from Compare etc for £550 odd fully comp but when i rang them up to ask a few things that £550 odd was only if i payed it in one go. . .  was more like £900 to pay monthly.

TeddyKGB

« Reply #16 on: 01 January 2009, 16:56 »
Bell are the cheapest insurers in the world, and they're the only ones to cover me to drive other peoples vehicles 3rd party.
I'd check that mate, generally they wont allow people under 25 to drive other cars 3rd party even on fully comp policies :shocked: You have to have that added in seperately :shocked:

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 01 January 2009, 17:51 »
I just went on the bell website and got quoted £586 for mine. . .  but from what i can see its only if you pay the whole lot now!

you have to phone to pay monthly. . . can bet the price goes up a bit!

So inless your paying the whole £1159 up front its gonna be more than you think.  :undecided:

Offline Ben Lessani

• I live here
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
« Reply #18 on: 02 January 2009, 18:19 »
I'd check that mate, generally they wont allow people under 25 to drive other cars 3rd party even on fully comp policies :shocked: You have to have that added in seperately :shocked:

I've been with them for 3 years and I can definately confirm that they do cover you to drive all vehicles (provided you pay for that option) regardless of age. I checked all the T&C's, checked on the telelpone and had written confirmation ;) They were the only people who would cover me for such a thing!

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 January 2009, 18:53 »

I've been with them for 3 years and I can definately confirm that they do cover you to drive all vehicles (provided you pay for that option) regardless of age. I checked all the T&C's, checked on the telelpone and had written confirmation ;) They were the only people who would cover me for such a thing!

It only covers you for third party and for emergency use only and with the permission of the owner.
its in place on every policy i've ever looked on, either third party fire and theft or fully comp. reason being i was told by an insurer is if you were on the way to somewhere with a friend etc and they took ill, heart attack etc.....you could then drive the car with very basic cover covering you and anyone in a crash.

Bell ask for £14.95 for it. . . . .  i get it for free with Direct Line  :grin:

« Last Edit: 03 January 2009, 19:37 by DrewGTI »