Author Topic: gti insurance  (Read 6864 times)

Offline parker2k6

• Not said much yet
Re: gti insurance
« Reply #20 on: 18 August 2007, 09:55 »
lol if i had £4000 spare i would lol, i going wait till 18 and try phoning few places see if can get it down bit more.

Offline parker2k6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 18 August 2007, 10:15 »
£4600 on my own at endsleigh lol

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #22 on: 18 August 2007, 10:23 »
What you going to get then?

Offline parker2k6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 18 August 2007, 10:26 »
just wait until i actually turn 18 think, then phone round because hardly any work on interent and see what best price is on my mams or something, i dont fancy paying 4 grand thats all lol

TeddyKGB

« Reply #24 on: 18 August 2007, 10:30 »
Is that you as main driver? I wont have a hope in hell of getting insured as main. Stick your mum as main driver and you was named and see what you get.

Martinb look away now ! ;)
But doesnt the main driver have to be reg keeper? thats what I found anyway.

TeddyKGB

« Reply #25 on: 18 August 2007, 10:32 »
Did you try bell parker2k6?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #26 on: 18 August 2007, 10:33 »
Is that you as main driver? I wont have a hope in hell of getting insured as main. Stick your mum as main driver and you was named and see what you get.

Martinb look away now ! ;)
But doesnt the main driver have to be reg keeper? thats what I found anyway.

yes otherwise you'll get done for fronting - whereby the registered keeper and main person on the insurance is NOT the main driver or something like that.

just wait until i actually turn 18 think, then phone round because hardly any work on interent and see what best price is on my mams or something, i dont fancy paying 4 grand thats all lol

be careful getting quotes on the internet as i found when i was looking that some companies perform credit checks on you after you've given them your details!! my credit rating took a hammering for 3-4 months and i didn't realise  :angry: :angry: :angry:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #27 on: 18 August 2007, 10:34 »
Yes they do Teddy. The simple way around this is to get parents to purchase the car. Give them the money, so parents are reg keepers and then get the insurance with you as a named driver, and you drive around as if its your car.

I would not recommend this as its highly illegal, saves your a pretty penny non the less.

Offline parker2k6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 18 August 2007, 10:36 »
thanxs for replies no i havent tryed bell i will now, i put on some of them when i was doing it in my mams name with me as the named driver, i said that she wasent the reg keeper or the owner i think but just the main driver. but some wouldnt give quotes because someone else owned it.

TeddyKGB

« Reply #29 on: 18 August 2007, 10:37 »
Yes they do Teddy. The simple way around this is to get parents to purchase the car. Give them the money, so parents are reg keepers and then get the insurance with you as a named driver, and you drive around as if its your car.

I would not recommend this as its highly illegal, saves your a pretty penny non the less.
Yeh that's what I mean. F*ck that it's my name I want on the V5 :laugh: