Author Topic: gti insurance  (Read 6863 times)

Offline parker2k6

• Not said much yet
gti insurance
« on: 15 August 2007, 16:53 »
jsut owndeirng if any 17,18,19 year olds have a mark5 gti and how much there insurance was thanxs

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: gti insurance
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2007, 16:59 »
hmmm i predict not many & sh!t loads!!  :laugh:

Offline Mk1Mad J - 16v

• I live here
  • At my age I don't have to act responsibly...
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2007, 17:01 »
I'm guessing any 17-19 year olds in mk5 gti's wont care about the cost of insurance anyway - mummy and daddy will be paying  :laugh:

"Ever since I started to surf, I have realized that golf is for people who don't know how to surf."  -- Tiger Woods.

my dub project:-
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=35338.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEUOoH_xxo

Offline parker2k6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2007, 20:05 »
lol true, just wondering how much difference no claims make

Offline Ben Lessani

• I live here
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2007, 23:24 »
no claims dont make a drip of difference.....its age age age....and age. i was 20 when i insured my '86 1.8 8v with no ncb/convictions/prior accidents and it was £600 tpft including 3rd party cover on other vehicles, thats from bell, ive found adrian flux just to be crap - each time ive called for a quote they've just told me no-one gets insured on anything more than a 1.6 if they are less than 25, not to mention it takes 20 minutes to get through to a sales person - god help you when you need to claim.

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2007, 00:27 »
no claims dont make a drip of difference.....its age age age....and age. i was 20 when i insured my '86 1.8 8v with no ncb/convictions/prior accidents

yeah age is a MAJOR factor and every year older you get the rates drop and as you say no convictions/prior accidents certainly make a big difference but i definately would not agree that no claims makes no difference. One years no claims is usually worth about a 35% discount and it is MUCH easier to get a deal for someone with bonus than without.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline parker2k6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2007, 11:20 »
appriciate replies how old do you reckon before would be able to get get insured on a mark 5 gti for about £1500? cheers

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2007, 12:37 »
I'm guessing any 17-19 year olds in mk5 gti's wont care about the cost of insurance anyway - mummy and daddy will be paying  :laugh:

Couldnt agree more. If your that ages and driving a MK5 GTI surley who gives a sh!t what the insurance is? Just phone up and get some quotes, see what they say. You might be hard pressed in finding companies that will cover you, but there will be a few out there that will. Go on www.moneysupermarket.com and compare a load of companies on there and see what the price is.

As said in the other thread, a 17 year old a 200bhp 2.0T Mk5 GTI will kill themselves and someone else in a few weeks.

Offline parker2k6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2007, 13:58 »
its hard to find companies that will give quotes, but i think i will wait a year until 18 and have 1 no claims, because my brother drives a 2 litre turbo hes 21 with 1 no claims and cost £1800, so if i add my mam as name drive it should reduce it and get it for bout same hopefully.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2007, 14:24 »
If you go on that website and fill out your details etc im sure someone will give you a figure. Im interged as to what the cost would be lol.

I remeber when I was 18 filling out insurance quotes I filled one out for a Lotus Elise. Cheapest was £7995 fully comp for the year. They went as high as £11,000 for the year.  :laugh: