Author Topic: HOW LONG does it take for a car to be stuck on the insurance database?  (Read 5364 times)

Offline leeroy20vt

• I live here
  • h reg mk2 gti
Cheers archie!  :smiley:

IF u got use of a traders insurance and u havent filled the little green slip in in your name u can tax it with that just put who evers name is on the insurance policy i have done it so know it works

I like it.  :wink:

i have even tipexed it out and put my name before

also as some one mentioned hic email there polices i have printed out and had no probs with them either  :smiley:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
 :grin:

You sound so much like someone else I know.

It'll get done.  :cool:

Cheers.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
get the insurance company to mail you over insurance confirmation, then go to the post office and tax it with your v5 and mot certificate.

whats the big drama  :huh:

ive taxed a car at the post office with a photoshopped insurance certificate before because mine hadnt arrived. just make sure you select the counter with the old biddy on it.

no biggy.

Fax details of an insurance policy is not proof to get tax. You cannot do it without a) a proper valid insurance certificate or b) a valid covernote or c) proof it's on the MID. Photocopies and faxes are NOT acceptable.

ever seen a bretachre insurance certificate? Its just a black and white printout and looks like a photocopy anyway  :grin:
« Last Edit: 07 January 2011, 23:59 by Chris-White »
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Drama was the time. Must update at midnight cause its on there!  :cool:

Cheers people!

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Phone insurance, get a cover note posted, you should get it mon/tues then a trip to the post office..

Thom

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Taxed this morning.

Damn I love driving.  :smiley: