Author Topic: HOW LONG does it take for a car to be stuck on the insurance database?  (Read 5362 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Got the car insured at 10AM and it's still not on there so I can't tax it.  :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
Mine took a week or so.

Pulled by the police for having "no insurance" he was snotty with me till we spoke to Admiral.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
yeah iirc can take upto about 10 days for the database to be updated. but people in the insurence section will proberbly know more so maybe try pm ing jv or some other mod and asking them to move into the insurence section

Offline Bellend

• I live here
HOW LONG?  :shocked:

Allooooooowwwwwww that.

I may use works certificate then.   :undecided:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
It can take longer than mentioned above. With HIC it took 6 weeks, with admiral it once took a few hours.

Its all down to the insurance company at the end of the day.

In this period it is important as adam said to have some proof of insurance with you, i normally get them to email me a certificate.

If you are pulled over showing no insurance, and cant prove you do have it (remember insurance company office hours for calling them) then your car will be seized and you will be receiving either 6 points or a court appearance.

Then you will have to argue your case from there that you did have insurance.

Its annoying as hell, and with HIC taking 6 weeks once for me it done my head in, so just carry your docs with you.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
In this period it is important as adam said to have some proof of insurance with you, i normally get them to email me a certificate.

If you are pulled over showing no insurance, and cant prove you do have it (remember insurance company office hours for calling them) then your car will be seized and you will be receiving either 6 points or a court appearance.

Its annoying as hell, and with HIC taking 6 weeks once for me it done my head in, so just carry your docs with you.

Depending on the officer insurance documents mean bugger all. "They can be faked or cancelled for all I know"  :rolleyes: Didn't even fail the "attitude" test was nice as pie with him.

Luck of the draw dude. I would use your works trade policy to do it.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot

Depending on the officer insurance documents mean bugger all. "They can be faked or cancelled for all I know"  :rolleyes: Didn't even fail the "attitude" test was nice as pie with him.

I think you may have issues with doing it that way.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
When I worked in the Insurance Trade, MID was brought in whilst I was there; when I left we had to add to our systems within 48 hours of getting the notification of cover. However I honestly can't remember if that was an "in-house" target time or not.

What I would advise is not to drive whilst your car has no tax. It will ping up on any police vehicle with ANPR then you'll be done for no Tax. And will also be asked to prove you're insured. Although you will be, it's still a pain and a big hassle to prove this to the powers that be.

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict

I think you may have issues with doing it that way.

Thought you could do it that way? :huh: I'm sure that's how I got tax for mine when it was at the dealers.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
"Sell" the car to work, then get tax, then change the new keepers to my dad.

That is going to be a right pain the the arse then, I'll get them to fax me details but I can still see them being funny.