Author Topic: If I don't have a car and there's a couple of weeks left on insurance...  (Read 4400 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
It's too far gone matey. It's going to cost as much to fix as it would be a new car, and at least I'll get a GTi next.

I'm going to ring my insurance company and see what they say, if they will insure me for two weeks but if it's stupid money then they can sod off.

Offline mboon

• GTI forum regular
You going for a MK3 GTi?
Part of the GTi 16v Flying Squad and the Special Forces //M Department

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
You going for a MK3 GTi?

Quite possibly yes.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
I just rang Adrian Flux and it's going to cost me £261 to insure a 16v from now until my policy ends. I don't bloody think so.

Now I need to make a decision on what to do with new insurers. Admiral are saying:

- £871 with mods, and 0 NCB.
- £771 with mods, and 1 NCB.
- £736 with mods, and 2 NCB.

Now I'm stumped, because I can't tell Admiral I've got 2 NCB when I'm using 1 with Adrian Flux, and 1 I haven't officially received yet, and I can't tell them I've got one for the previous reasons explained. But I don't want to pay £100 more either. What do I do?

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
delay scrapping the car  ( or at least sending the log book off scrap ) til your insurance is up .

be carless til the renewal is up

simples

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
delay scrapping the car  ( or at least sending the log book off scrap ) til your insurance is up .

be carless til the renewal is up

simples

Car will have to go 31st July as that's when tax is due.

I can't be carless as I'll be living in 15 miles away from my new job when the car goes. I will need to drive.

:undecided:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
You can still use your 1 years no claim but you will need to cancel your policy, you then lose the new year you are earning now.

I hope this make sense

Offline archie837

• I live here
As above - if the difference of another years ncb is £40 it might not be worth the hassle of trying to save it
Project longterm Airbanger.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163335.0

PD150 Anni daily

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
explain situation to new insurer.

they will probly give you the discount anyway
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
explain situation to new insurer.

they will probly give you the discount anyway

New insurer knew I had another policy going (my GL) when I took out the new policy on the GTi. I explained the GL was being scrapped on Monday and that's when I was canceling the GL's policy which they were fine with.

Unfortunately Adrian Flux have shafted me, I rang them up to cancel the policy but explained the car was scrapped. I had a month left on my policy which was paid for by my deposit, however they wouldn't entitle me to my NCB that was only a month away. They said that they can only run the policy for 2 weeks after a car is scrapped, so I was 2 weeks off another NCB.

:(

Should I kick up a fuss about it? I did cancel Monday last week so it's a week on but would I get anywhere? I do think it's extremely unfair that I drove for 11 months and won't get anything out of it.