Author Topic: KR hot start idle issues  (Read 27 times)

Offline cliveyp

• Not said much yet
KR hot start idle issues
« on: 07 May 2024, 20:40 »
I’ve had my ‘90 16V for around 3 years now, and when coming out of its winter slumber last year I had an issue pop up that I managed to work around for the little bit of use it had - but this year I really want to use it more, which means getting on top of things.

When starting from cold, it runs a dream.  You can run it for 10 minutes or over an hour, and it seems to be fine….but if I switch it off and try to restart a short time later (say after a full-up or similar) it just will not idle.  It starts generally fine, but tickover is another matter.  I have to keep giving it a few revs to stop it from stalling.  This never clears.  The only way to stop it is to leave it to cool down before attempting to start it.

I’ve checked the ISV and this appears to be clicking in.  The inlet is all clean, and I’ve been round all the sensor connections checking condition and giving them a clean.  Nothing seems to solve it.  One thing I had done prior to this issue appearing was have the centre console out, which obviously meant I had moved around the idle control unit, but I’m 99.9% sure I had that all back together fine and would have expected any issue there to show up on a cold start too.

I’ve tried disconnecting the blue connector on the sold start valve/injector to see if that helps, and that did nothing.

Where is the next best place to look?

MK2 VR6......just awaiting a new MK2.