Author Topic: MY20 Golf GTI Performance DSG - Atlantic Blue  (Read 11764 times)

Offline Delltron

• Not said much yet
Re: MY20 Golf GTI Performance DSG - Atlantic Blue
« Reply #10 on: 07 August 2020, 14:16 »
Stunning car buddy! Love these in Atlantic Blue with the red contrast!

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 19 August 2020, 13:39 »
Looks great, how much did it cost?

Sorry, missed this reply. The detailer was doing a lockdown special, so I only paid £327. I think it would normally be more than £400, depending on the condition of the paintwork and how much machine polishing was necassery before applying the ceramic coat.

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 19 August 2020, 13:55 »
To complement the exterior protection, I also treated the fabric interior with GTechniq Smart Fabric to stop the kids sticky fingers from wrecking it:

https://thumbsnap.com/s/nQJHaCMU.jpg[/img]|https://thumbsnap.com/nQJHaCMU]|https://thumbsnap.com/nQJHaCMU

Still loving it. Now it's properly run in the exhaust sounds even better and the performance v's comfort is absolutely ideal for my needs. Just such a capable car.

My only gripe (apart from the odd rattle) is the quality of the sound system. Debating whether to drop £500 on the helix upgrade:

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/accessories/000051419B/plug-and-play-sound-system-for-spare-wheel-bay

It certainly gets good reviews and is a neat solution without getting in to changing speakers or having to pull apart too much of the trim.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 19 August 2020, 14:43 »
God I love that colour, especially in the Sun  :drool:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 20 August 2020, 11:42 »
That colour is so lovely. Always notice a GTI in that blue.  :cool:

How much of the Gtechniq fabric stuff did you use for the whole interior? It looks like a really good product from reading online but it's unclear how big a bottle is needed.

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 20 August 2020, 14:55 »
That colour is so lovely. Always notice a GTI in that blue.  :cool:

How much of the Gtechniq fabric stuff did you use for the whole interior? It looks like a really good product from reading online but it's unclear how big a bottle is needed.

You might just be able to get away with 250ml, but I’d advise 500ml, especially if you want to treat the matts or any areas of carpet as well as the upholstery.

Offline fraser.gti

• Just got here
« Reply #16 on: 22 June 2021, 18:33 »
Hey @tallpaul  Where are you based out of? I'm in London and just picked up a similar spec 7.5 Performance on Friday. I would love to start chatting to and meeting and maybe even cruising and driving with more GTI owners.

Mark 7.5 Golf GTI Performance

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 05 July 2021, 15:14 »
Sorry, only just seen this reply. Was popping in to update that I've sold the GTI. Absolutely cracking car, really almost perfect in so many ways but I just wanted something a fraction more 'serious' while it's still possible to own and drive such things. I'm sure I'll be back in a Golf of some kind in the future as this was my third.