Author Topic: Bulb Warning light fault  (Read 12482 times)

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
Bulb Warning light fault
« on: 31 May 2012, 21:56 »
My Bulb warning light has come on to say a bulb has blown.  However, all the bulbs seem to work - I've checked them all!  Before I spend hours sitting in the dealers - does anyone know if there a way of resetting the warning light or of knowing which bulb the computer thinks is blown?
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline mike.

• I live here
Re: Bulb Warning light fault
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2012, 10:04 »
I thought it told you on the status section of the DIS which bulb was out.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2012, 01:25 »
Well I read a thread recently about the bulb out warning and on of the mods says it will warn you when a bulb is about to blow, I can't see that myself.

Orange bulb warning light
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2012, 09:17 »
Worked out it something to do with the towbar so getting the guys who fitted it back....
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2012, 12:33 »
Well a tow bar needs a trailer/towing module do you have one? It plugs into the loom near the NS rear light which has to be coded with VCDS.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.