Author Topic: Dean_W's Mk4 GT TDI...........  (Read 9655 times)

Offline Dean_W

• GTI forum regular
Dean_W's Mk4 GT TDI...........
« on: 13 March 2012, 18:34 »
My pretty much standard GT TDI.  Bought with 90k on the clock.  No major mods, only a kamei grill and eibach springs for the moment.

It's just had a shedload of stuff done in a service so running like a champ.  Apart from a slight boost leak at the Intercooler.....oh the joys......

Paintwork is a bit sketchy in places so it needs a good scrubbing and wax.

Project bits for weekend of the 17th are fitting: -

Anni Rear - BOUGHT
Anni Skirts - BOUGHT
Airblade front - BOUGHT
Anni wheels - FITTED

Ongoing parts should include: -

Bilstein suspension
Anti Roll Bars
Hybird turbo - FITTED
Full exhaust - FITTED
Big Brakes - BOUGHT

« Last Edit: 17 May 2012, 00:40 by Dean_W »
2002 GT TDI, Hybrid, Diff etc. 221BHP 355LB/FT

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Re: Dean_W's Mk4 GT TDI...........
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2012, 20:19 »
Nice motor mate great base to start with look forward to your updates  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline Dean_W

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2012, 11:22 »
Cheers.

Kit is in for paint and fit tomorrow......so fingers crossed for some nice weather and good pics this weekend!!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2012, 23:52 »
Looks a clean and tidy base for a project.

Offline Dean_W

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2012, 02:26 »
Bit of an Update.......

Got the Anni wheels on with 4 new Rainsport tyres.  It's cost me a fortune but it's what i wanted.  One was slightly buckled, you can't see it but it showed on the balancer.  So that was balanced out and put on the rear.  Looks like a different car, love the style of the Anni wheels.

With regards to the kit fitting.  All were prepped well, and then sprayed with the same paint we used on the grill, which is a great match.  We had a bit of a problem with my mate missing some paint in the front mouth of the valance............DOH!!!!  I've left these with him and won't be home for a couple of weeks so just gotta wait for that.  They weren't sprayed in a booth so picked up a little bit of dust but nothing that can't be flattened out.

In the meantime, here is Wonka spraying with no mask......LUNATIC!!!!, that stuff stinks to high heaven!!

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2012, 06:25 »
Wheels look nice and that Anni kit will finish it off a treat  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline Dean_W

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2012, 17:35 »
Yeah thats the plan Blu.  Once the looks sorted goin go for the engine work then.  But i'l lhave to save a few pennys first  :smiley:

Offline Dean_W

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 01 April 2012, 13:42 »
Update - Cleaning and Exhaust time........

Bought a clay bar the other day and some HD wax.  Both products are the tits!  Got a nice deep shine to the paint now and got rid of a lot of tar spots down the doors.

Also, rang AMD in Essex yesterday to take advantage of the free fitting and half price mapping with Milltek exhausts.

Gone for a non-resonated discrete style and also a large bore downpipe too.  Also getting put on the rollers for a mapping session.  Managed to pick up a Rad, Slimline fans and intercooler off E-Bay for 21 quid so that'll sort the boost leak out before it goes.

Just a question of wether to take advantage of the rolling road time and fork out for the hybrid turbo this week.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #8 on: 01 April 2012, 15:03 »
Wayne, how you doing son? Wheels look the nuts mate. Well jealous! Where did you get the spraying done? In the paintshops on camp?  :laugh:

Defo smash a decat downpipe on mate, makes a big difference. My bro has a full 2.5" from turbo back and when you are booting it sounds pretty mean!

The hybrid turbo, well the one I have had my eye on for a while, is pretty much a bolt on mod. You shouldn't need much else, maybe upgraded intercooler pipe work, but everything else should be ok for it. Keep us posted!

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!