Author Topic: Peculiar noise hmm..  (Read 329 times)

Offline MrRogers

• Here all the time
Peculiar noise hmm..
« on: 17 January 2012, 22:53 »
As the subject states. Havent long had the Weitecs on about 2-3 months or so since then the last month (ish) iv been getting an odd noise now and then from the front left (thats where it sounds like anyway from inside the car)

Scenario is driving along then all of a sudden a massive dispersing of air sounds like it comes from underneith the car thats the best i can describe it as.

I had it in the garage last week to have the new front arb fitted and the mechanic found that the "gear box mount" had a massive crack along it apparently and he said that this could have been the noise i heard when driving along (i did mount a curb and forgot i was that low lol) so anyway i had it replaced.

Driving along this evening and uh oh it happend again same sound..can coilovers become supressed after driving and when parked up and left over night they may stay in posistion and then go to use the car the next day and they "un-supress"...sounds silly i know but any thoughts? :laugh: :smiley:
2000 Golf MK4 1.8 AGU black magic, Custom Code stage 1 remap, Forge 008, Simota Aeroform CAI, G60/VR6 Combo, Weitec GT Hicon coilovers, Golf GTI MK5 18" Monza style alloys, 10mm H&R spacers front + 20mm H&R spacers rear, OEM Polo MK5 aerial, Whiteline front ARB + Whiteline droplinks.

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: Peculiar noise hmm..
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2012, 23:25 »
Turn the stereo up. You'll have to soon anyway once all the rattles and squeaks from the cabin start. . . . .
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline MrRogers

• Here all the time
Re: Peculiar noise hmm..
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2012, 23:27 »
Haha there slowly going away now the coilies are settling in lol
2000 Golf MK4 1.8 AGU black magic, Custom Code stage 1 remap, Forge 008, Simota Aeroform CAI, G60/VR6 Combo, Weitec GT Hicon coilovers, Golf GTI MK5 18" Monza style alloys, 10mm H&R spacers front + 20mm H&R spacers rear, OEM Polo MK5 aerial, Whiteline front ARB + Whiteline droplinks.