Author Topic: Sold car on ebay and buyer is claiming all sorts wrong with it!!!!  (Read 3430 times)

Offline HuwMk2

• Here all the time
Hi. I recently sold a mk1 Rivage on ebay for £1340. I added as many pictures as possible of all the issues as far as I was aware. The buyer did not ask any questions and did not view before bidding. I did state in the ebay advert the car was a 'project' as it needed cosmetic tidying.

I delivered the car 220 miles to the buyer in Essex on Friday. However, today I have received numerous text messages claiming the roof doesn't work, there are issues with the brakes and clutch and 'other problems'. To the best of my knowledge the car was fine. I bought it a 1000 miles ago in good faith and sold it on.

What should I do? My mates think he's trying it on. He has my address, is there anything he can do?

Cheers.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Tell him to do one, sold as seen.

Nick

Offline mattjay50

• GTI forum regular
agreed, its sold as seen and as advertised on the ebay Ad, if you stated recommended viewing before buying and if he wanted the car delivered to him then i don't think he'd have a leg to stand on, also why did he not look over the car or take it for a test drive when you took it to him, tell him to f$£k off

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
Caveat Emptor.

Tell him to FO.

Offline jeremybarker

• Here all the time
Flying Elvi beat me to it, buyer beware indeed. Once he has seen the car in the flesh and driven it off your property distance selling regs no longer apply and it is sold as seen.

Making up for lost time

Offline robiwill

• I live here
The car was sold as a project and I assume no MOT as you had it delivered. Even if your a motor trader and sell a car with no MOT and a project> The only thing he can do is leave you bad feedback and hope it is offensive and then get ebay to remove it end of.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Nothing he can do, simples.

Offline HuwMk2

• Here all the time
The car was sold as a project and I assume no MOT as you had it delivered. Even if your a motor trader and sell a car with no MOT and a project> The only thing he can do is leave you bad feedback and hope it is offensive and then get ebay to remove it end of.

Car had mot until 7th May 2011, it had only done 2000 miles since the last mot! I drove the car to him in return for some money for fuel and a train ticket home! He decided not to check it over or go through the extensive file of history I had for the car. He also completed the yellow section of the V5 for motor traders.

Offline mattjay50

• GTI forum regular
if he's a motor trader he's obviously bought the car to make some money on has now realised it needs a bit more work than he anticipated and isn't happy, i say its tough sh!te, ive had experiences when traders have done me so good to get 1 back for a change, he should have checked the car over before handing the cash over and filling the v5 in

Offline Mitching

• I live here
if he's a motor trader he's obviously bought the car to make some money on has now realised it needs a bit more work than he anticipated and isn't happy, i say its tough sh!te, ive had experiences when traders have done me so good to get 1 back for a change, he should have checked the car over before handing the cash over and filling the v5 in Bidding on the thing!!
Fixed.  :cool: