Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 555790 times)

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1300 on: 28 August 2017, 11:44 »
Gave it an evening speed wash before it goes into Lepsons in the morning for wheel refurb and new tyres fitting.  Tried the new Gyeon Silk Dryer Towel too.  Very good!     

Looking stunning as ever!

+1 for stunning!

That drying towel looks huge! Of the drying towels I've tried, my favourite is the Wo-Wo one. I like the fact that it's not too big, so no risk of dragging on the ground, and the double thickness means it's really absorbent.

Thanks  :smiley:

It is a big towel, they do a smaller one but I wanted the bigger on as I like a big towel for the roof and windscreen.  I usually use a Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth on the roof but wanted to try something new.  WoWo towels are still my favourites as I love twin layer towels but the Gyeon is very very good. Not better but just dries in a different way and is excellent for the big panels horizontal where water sits.  I will probably get the smaller one too.  My all time favourite towel is the WoWo wheel towel - it is just perfect.

It is the definition of shine!....as always looks great Rebecca, I tried the Gyeon towel for first time last weekend and have to say I really do like it, like you say for doing large panels its excellent. I tried Aqua Deluxe towel from AF a while back and found I got loads of tiny fibres (fluff?) being left on bodywork which I wasn't impressed with.....sent it back and had it replaced but not used it since, can only imagine I had a duff one as it gets plenty of great reviews  :undecided: .........if they made it in a bath towel size though I'd buy another, its really luxurious  :laugh:

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1301 on: 28 August 2017, 16:56 »
Wife was out working all day so i took the opportunity to have a good detailing sesh!

Snowfoamed with Autobrite Magifoam.
Usual two bucket wash with Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo.
Paintwork cleansed with Dodo Juice Lime Prime.
Base coat of Collinite 845 and then Dodo Juice Orange Crush over that.
Glass cleaned with Carpro Eraser, exhausts polished with Mothers Mag and Alloy, tyres dressed with Zaino Z16.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1302 on: 28 August 2017, 17:05 »
Wife was out working all day so i took the opportunity to have a good detailing sesh!

Snowfoamed with Autobrite Magifoam.
Usual two bucket wash with Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo.
Paintwork cleansed with Dodo Juice Lime Prime.
Base coat of Collinite 845 and then Dodo Juice Orange Crush over that.
Glass cleaned with Carpro Eraser, exhausts polished with Mothers Mag and Alloy, tyres dressed with Zaino Z16.

Looks great! It's good to see a well cared for mk6 GTI :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1303 on: 28 August 2017, 17:38 »
Superb Dan.  Beautiful TR gloss!   So good to see your mk6 again and looking its best.  Lovely job.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1304 on: 03 September 2017, 14:04 »
The usual.

Tailpipe order restored!

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1305 on: 03 September 2017, 19:16 »
^^ Another top job! Mine is shoddy, shoddy, shoddy. Not been touched for probably a month but, with a count of my pennies due, with enough left I might get my DA soon. Only flies in the ointment being insurance and four tyres to pay for soon :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1306 on: 03 September 2017, 20:09 »
^^ Another top job! Mine is shoddy, shoddy, shoddy. Not been touched for probably a month but, with a count of my pennies due, with enough left I might get my DA soon. Only flies in the ointment being insurance and four tyres to pay for soon :rolleyes:

I bet it's shoddy to you, but probably pretty good by some other's standards;-)

Ooh, DA buying, a very worthwhile investment. I feel your pain Watts, having just shelled out for 4 bits of choice rubber and wheel refurbs, funds are a little depleted!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1307 on: 05 September 2017, 15:05 »
Bit of a rushed job today as it'd been threatening to rain all morning. Started just after I finished which was something I suppose...

Gave my pressure washer a good go, was misbehaving to start with, perhaps an air block? Anyway, got it going in the end and after a good rinse was a few minutes soaking with snowfoam. Had a problem with the Autobrite lance too, just dribbling out, thought it was blocked until I realised the pressure washer wasn't switched on :rolleyes:

Bilberry wheel cleaner, G-Techniq wash, Wo-Wo microfibres and mitts got all the muck off (front wheels were so bad I had to use a second mitt). Rinse, dry then a good spray of QD. Will definitely go back to Bouncers Done and Dusted when the Chemical Guys Speed Wipe runs out, it wasn't removing some water marks that I'm sure Bouncers would've. Glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass then coated with G-Techniq C2v3 then final task was to dress the tyres with FinishKare Top Kote. A few jobs left but I have a couple of long journeys over the next few days and no doubt it'll all be back to square one by the weekend.

One thing I did notice which I'm pleased with was how smooth a section was after I clayed it with the Wo-Wo clay mitt earlier in the year so that was a very worthwhile job. I was hoping to get a DA and give the car a polish before the winter but the gods of the bills has decreed that funds are precious right now so perhaps another good decon and a claying will have to suffice unless a miracle occurs...

Only managed to grab a couple of pictures before it tipped it down. Pretty pleased all things considered.

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1308 on: 05 September 2017, 17:01 »
Nice Job! 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1309 on: 05 September 2017, 17:05 »
Looking good Watts. I was planning on giving mine 'the works' this week (clean, decontamination, machine polish, sealant, wax), but it hasn't happened. I really need 2-3 days of good detailing weather (dry and not sunny or windy) and the showers this week so far put paid to that.

Hopefully, there'll be an opportunity sometime before the end of the month.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl