Author Topic: FREE remap for 1.8T available, yes i said FREE!!!  (Read 18321 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: FREE remap for 1.8T available, yes i said FREE!!!
« Reply #30 on: 26 February 2008, 21:35 »
Hi!

We are making a video to show on our stand at the 2008 GTI inters at Bruntingthorpe and the only reason we as looking for a 99 AUG to remap / video is that we already have OBD remap on a AUM that has been on the rollers and filmed.  The remap method on the AGU is direct to chip remap unlike the AUM OBD remap. To get the right setup and best performance from the remap we will require your engine to be running a 100% recirc DV.

You will be getting a top quality remap which will out perform any other branded remap.  Power gains will be around 195 to 205BHP with 9 section of the map files being taken into account and tuned, most other tuners will only alter a few maps fuel and boost settings.  We have carried out 100s of remaps for the 1.8t and TDIs, with every customer 100% happer with the power gains.

At last year GTI Fest at Santa Pod we remapped a A3 1.8t on our stand. The A3s 1st run unmapped was 16.4s second run was a 14.3s, which as againt a revo remapped Golf with the same spec the A3 won.

We are looking for someone to come to us on the 15th March if poss?
I'd like to point out it's my birthday on 6th March, what an excellent present that would be! And I'm planning on getting a Forge recirc DV with my birthday money! :P  Out of curiosity, where are you doing the re-map?
« Last Edit: 26 February 2008, 21:41 by bobbarley »

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #31 on: 26 February 2008, 21:49 »
Hinckley in Leicestershire is where they are based.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #32 on: 26 February 2008, 21:49 »
Hinckley in Leicestershire is where they are based.
Cheers fella, I could manage that :)

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #33 on: 26 February 2008, 22:21 »
my car is all ready remapped with custom-code but i do have an agu and would be cool to compare. so i would like to be added if i can.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #34 on: 26 February 2008, 22:24 »
I'll add you to the list, but you may have to get your custom-code map removed first.. just thinking back to the time that jabbasport had trouble removing my revo map. I'm sure Nick can answer that.

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #35 on: 26 February 2008, 23:28 »
 Did you know that a 5hr revo trial remap leaves the car with 5% less power than standard?.  Revo change the coding inside the serial eeprom, which locks the ecu out to any other tuning tools. so it can be a pain in the backside for any other tuner to remap. but there is a ball ache way to getting the trial remap removed and getting our setting to take place. 

I dont know if custom code change the serial eeprom codes it if was a direct to chip remap then we could copy the custom code file for you and put on disc, then find a standard file which matches your car then produce the remap from there.? but if we cannot read the ecu it might be a wasted trip for you.

Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #36 on: 27 February 2008, 04:32 »
I'd put my name down but it would be a hell of a trip up for me, I'd probably have to leave home at about 4am!!

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #37 on: 27 February 2008, 08:15 »
Get linz in her undies and shes the winner, end of competion.

We are a pervy bunch aint we :D

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #38 on: 27 February 2008, 09:11 »
ah rtech you need a promotions girl hey well you no where i am

im wiling to do it for a remap of my car :D

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #39 on: 27 February 2008, 09:16 »
Get linz in her undies and shes the winner, end of competion.

We are a pervy bunch aint we :D

well here this is what i look like call it a sneek preview lol
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v240/bluebell88055/?action=view&current=s000207lincul038.jpg