Author Topic: Angel Eye Headlights wiring  (Read 6224 times)

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
Re: Angel Eye Headlights wiring
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2012, 14:21 »
The wire is fused that is connected to the battery and they are not always on. When you switch your sidelights on they take power from the battery. I know it doesn't sound logical but trust me that's how these work. The power from the battery runs into the sidelights so if they are turned off it will make an open circuit

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
  • The black Money PIT - TDi ARG MONSTER! lol
« Reply #11 on: 16 February 2012, 14:52 »
I have the same, you just have to take power off the battery, you don't have to connect them to the sidelights as the switch is already in the headlight all it does is take power from the battery as there are 10 bulbs in each light!

got any pics fitted?

Repairs Since 12/09 = £1860.00  *  Follow me on INSTAGRAM = w_all_ace
! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 16 February 2012, 15:54 »
I can email u some?? Have to use my phone sorry we don't have Internet at home are we are in a war with bt to come and install a line, and they are saying our house does not exist!!

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
  • The black Money PIT - TDi ARG MONSTER! lol
« Reply #13 on: 16 February 2012, 16:00 »
I can email u some?? Have to use my phone sorry we don't have Internet at home are we are in a war with bt to come and install a line, and they are saying our house does not exist!!

its oks i should get them wekend any how, thats crap with bt my bother had a smiler problem when i got his new house. took ages to sort  :sad:

Repairs Since 12/09 = £1860.00  *  Follow me on INSTAGRAM = w_all_ace
! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #14 on: 16 February 2012, 16:38 »
The wire is fused that is connected to the battery and they are not always on. When you switch your sidelights on they take power from the battery. I know it doesn't sound logical but trust me that's how these work. The power from the battery runs into the sidelights so if they are turned off it will make an open circuit

So you are tapping into the side light loom then?! :undecided:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #15 on: 16 February 2012, 16:38 »
I helped a mate fit a set of these the other day the instructions were very straight forward. It was just plug and play. You just attach to ring connectors to the battery terminals. Be sure to take the beam raising & lowering motor thing out of your old ones and put into new ones.  :smiley:

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 16 February 2012, 17:21 »

So you are tapping into the side light loom then?! :undecided:

No you don't. I think it is tapped into already and just needs additional power

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #17 on: 16 February 2012, 17:32 »
yes it needs more juice due to the extra bulbs. Without this you would risk burning out the wires

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #18 on: 16 February 2012, 17:40 »
i had a similar set tapped mine into sidelight loom as suggested  :smiley:

Offline Hoggy

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 GT TDI 150.
« Reply #19 on: 16 February 2012, 19:01 »
Mine are just connected to the battery, made a neat job of it too  :grin: As said by Scarr the instructions are simple and straight forward. I upgraded the boring yellow bulbs to bright white leds, very nice!  :drool: