Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791181 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6110 on: 11 February 2017, 15:51 »
I really need to clean my car this weekend (i've likely got a funeral to go to at the end of next week, and the car is a right clip externally), but the weather is so poor today.
Me too but it would mean getting cold so I'll give it a miss.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline a9wyn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6111 on: 11 February 2017, 19:05 »
I really need to clean my car this weekend (i've likely got a funeral to go to at the end of next week, and the car is a right clip externally), but the weather is so poor today.
Washed mine on Monday ( it was quite mild in S.Wales then ) Haven't driven it since. So still nice and clean.
 I don't know if anybody else finds this but it takes me longer to wash the Santiago Alloys than it does to wash the rest of the car, even when the bodywork (Carbon Grey) is filthy.

Offline RDC

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6112 on: 11 February 2017, 19:17 »
DSG gearbox service, had a full service a week before Christmas, you thought they
 would have done it at the same time ???

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6113 on: 11 February 2017, 19:21 »
 :wink:x
Washed mine on Monday ( it was quite mild in S.Wales then ) Haven't driven it since. So still nice and clean.
 I don't know if anybody else finds this but it takes me longer to wash the Santiago Alloys than it does to wash the rest of the car, even when the bodywork (Carbon Grey) is filthy.

But aren't they worth it? Sometimes I'll give my wheels and the underside plastics a wash the day before doing the rest of the car. I struggle a bit with fatigue so it helps to make things more manageable.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6114 on: 11 February 2017, 19:24 »
Finally figured out Photobucket I think. What a palaver it was, couldn't do it from my iphone so I had to do it from my iPad. I'm not really a fan of tech. Anyway I hope this works, photo of my car at the dealers. Roll on the 1st

Should it not have more protection on it? My last few cars were covered in plastic.

Looks awesome that does.. :cool:

So have you arranged a time for the 1st...? From memory there's 3 or 4 of us collecting.

I'm collecting straight after I've dropped my nipper at school. Only 19 sleeps to go :laugh:

Yes I have arranged for 12 and only 18 nights to go now :laugh:

I was surprised by the difference in the exhaust note with the sound and sport pack. I didn't bother having a drive in it but did start it just to see what is sounded like. I know it is fake noise but as long as it takes away from the diesel noise I don't really care.

They had a clubsport(No.147) in silver in the showroom and it looked stunning. My wife spent about 2 hours last night trying to convince me to get a quote on it. After see the size of the boot in the Golf she is also wondering just how often we are going to run out of room as her car doesn't have a boot.

Thanks for the observation regarding the Sports & Sound I'm actually really looking forward to that option as I haven't heard how it really sounds in the flesh and the red brake calipers. I have red brake calipers on my 6 but I'm hoping the ones from the factory has better quality paint applied to it.

I'm also looking forward to keyless again, my last car(58 plate swift) had it and even after 5 years with the 6 I still get out of it and leave the bloody keys in the ignition  :grin:

Of all the clips I have looked at on YouTube the one below seems to be closer to what it really sound like. I have decided to get a custom exhaust made up for the car(GTi style) but I still need to decide on the size of the ends, probably 80-90mm. Hoping to get it done on the day I pick it up. It is going to cost around £350 plus the rear valance from VW.

https://youtu.be/Q9ybXU8Xf2c
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6115 on: 11 February 2017, 20:46 »
@ I wanted a GTi

That vid makes it sound not half bad.

Make sense you getting a GTi exhaust as I know that's what you really wanted. Are you going to tune your D so that it can actually go like a GTI…?

All of the bits and bobs I've brought for it are going on straight away (- the stage 2). That will go on after the run in period.

On collection day I plan to go show my mrs it first in standard form then I'm heading straight to my Bro's and the fun begins... :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6116 on: 12 February 2017, 08:11 »
@ I wanted a GTi

Make sense you getting a GTi exhaust as I know that's what you really wanted. Are you going to tune your D so that it can actually go like a GTI…?

All of the bits and bobs I've brought for it are going on straight away (- the stage 2). That will go on after the run in period.

On collection day I plan to go show my mrs it first in standard form then I'm heading straight to my Bro's and the fun begins... :cool:

I was originally thinking of going down the GTi style exhaust but then I though I would really look too much like I wanted a GTi so I went off the idea but then my wife talked me into it again. As she said, what else can I get you for your birthday(begging of March)

I won't be adding the tuning and pedal box for the first couple of thousand miles because as the VW tech said, even VW can build a lemon and the first 2k usually shows up a lemon. With the miles I do it will only take a couple of weeks to put that many miles on it anyway.

After the news I got from work the other week I will be only keeping the car for a year and moving on to a GTi or R
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #6117 on: 12 February 2017, 16:49 »
Washed mine for the first time this year :rolleyes:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6118 on: 12 February 2017, 19:22 »
@ I wanted a GTi

I was originally thinking of going down the GTi style exhaust but then I though I would really look too much like I wanted a GTi so I went off the idea but then my wife talked me into it again. As she said, what else can I get you for your birthday(begging of March)

I won't be adding the tuning and pedal box for the first couple of thousand miles because as the VW tech said, even VW can build a lemon and the first 2k usually shows up a lemon. With the miles I do it will only take a couple of weeks to put that many miles on it anyway.

After the news I got from work the other week I will be only keeping the car for a year and moving on to a GTi or R

My R's turbo went after 6k miles (not catastrophically so, just went on strike a few times), a Polo 1.9TDI I bought new in 2001 had a turbo go in similar fashion at similar mileage. 2k miles isn't enough to know something isn't going to happen, but plenty to know it wasn't put together incorrectly.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #6119 on: 12 February 2017, 20:15 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OqRKMyINnc

That's exactly how the Sport & Sound is!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013