Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322556 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2040 on: 23 August 2013, 12:00 »
Look forward to reading that Bear!  Be quick though, as he is leaving apparently to go and work for VW in Europe somewhere!

I couldn't agree more.  Its a shambles.  My dealer just called me again, in terms of the GTI he said there is literally nothing he can do - I believe him to be fair.  So its a waiting game  :angry:

He did however confirm that on 6th Sep (20 weeks according to VW from my order date, is actually 22 weeks in reality) that I'll get a courtesy car.  But its from Europa Car so he guesses it will be an Astra or an Insignia - how embarrassing driving a piece of sh!t Vauxhall  :laugh:

At least it will save me a few quid and I'll appreciate my GTI even more when/if it ever turns up.....  :grin:

As an aside, one of my clients ordered a GTD in early July through the same dealer.  VW cannot give him an order number and its listed on their system as 'on the waiting list' - read into that what you will but I think if you want a GTD your best bet is buying a demo because you ain't getting one till March 2014 earliest if you order now.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2041 on: 23 August 2013, 12:08 »
If my car hasn’t started build on Tuesday and they can’t tell me when it will (and that it will be getting built that week), I will be giving serious consideration to cancelling and going with the A3 option for the 14 plate or ignoring practicality and seeing how the new TT pans out (if it is available early 2014).

If I could get a £27500 A3 (184) specced to GTD for £25k and still get £14500 p/x for mine, I think I’d be gone. Might pop to the local Audi garage over the weekend and size them up on discounts and what my p/x is worth to them if I were to order.

I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face a little seeing as it is a certainty the GTD would be available before the A3, but my Scirocco still has 9 months warranty left, tyres that will last another year and the next service is paid for. That Scirocco shouldn’t cost me a bean beyond fuelling it and car payments into mid 2014.

Even though Audi are still VAG, I would hope they have a better attitude towards their UK customers than VW has. That really is the trouble – there is no other car I want outside VAG, they have some great products right now and they know it. For every person cancelling, there is someone else ready to step into their boots.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2042 on: 23 August 2013, 12:28 »
I wouldn't be so sure of Audi being better than VW. I placed an order with them which was accepted for an A1 with the cylinder on demand engine and they changed the order so many times that I ended up having to cancel as the car they were offering was so far away from the original order it wasn't what I wanted.

I have also been promised a courtesy car after 20 weeks but don't know what at the moment

Offline Cahoot

• Just got here
« Reply #2043 on: 23 August 2013, 12:50 »
I cancelled my order today. I'm not prepared to part with the best part of £30k when I'm not satisfied with the service, consistent delays, and complete lack of explanation/communication.

I still think the GTI is an amazing car, but as a matter of principle, I'm not buying one now. Someone more deserving can have my hard earned cash (probably a TT next spring).

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2044 on: 23 August 2013, 13:02 »
Another one bites the dust.  This is shocking!  What was your spec Cahoot?
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2045 on: 23 August 2013, 13:04 »
I hope everyone who is cancelling is calling VW exec for a 30 sec conversation just to say "I'm cancelling.  Reason: Your customer service was very poor." and then end the conversation.

I think they need a kick up the arse.

Offline Cahoot

• Just got here
« Reply #2046 on: 23 August 2013, 13:13 »
I hope everyone who is cancelling is calling VW exec for a 30 sec conversation just to say "I'm cancelling.  Reason: Your customer service was very poor." and then end the conversation.

I think they need a kick up the arse.
As complete coincidence, I had a call from VW customer services yesterday to ask me how my dealer had dealt with my queries. I was completely honest and said I felt they had mis-lead me, were poor in the fact they never once called me to tell me my car had been delayed, and tried to blag me by claiming delivery would be a week or so after build.

Offline Cahoot

• Just got here
« Reply #2047 on: 23 August 2013, 13:16 »
I had a 3 door TR manual, with just two options, Dynaudio and keyless entry.

That was until 6 weeks ago when my dealer rang to say keyless entry was no longer available on 3 door cars so it had been taken off my order. I don't think I've seen anyone else mention that on this forum so not sure if I believe that or not!! Seemed odd.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2048 on: 23 August 2013, 13:18 »

That was until 6 weeks ago when my dealer rang to say keyless entry was no longer available on 3 door cars so it had been taken off my order. I don't think I've seen anyone else mention that on this forum so not sure if I believe that or not!! Seemed odd.

Hmmm another TR being delayed.  Clearly they have run out of paint!

How ridiculous, it seems they are running out of all the parts - wtf is going on?
Audi RS5 2018

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2049 on: 23 August 2013, 13:46 »

Hmmm another TR being delayed.  Clearly they have run out of paint!

How ridiculous, it seems they are running out of all the parts - wtf is going on?

VW is being Henry Ford: “you can have any colour you like, as long as it is black”. My dad’s black GTD came double quick, as did a few other black ones built in the same week.

Makes me wonder whether they’re trying to piss off those that don’t pay extra for White/Metallic paint.
I wonder whether with all the EU regulations in place to protect consumers whether it is illegal for VW to charge one EU country (us) for something everyone else gets free (pure white paint)? Not talking standard spec changes here or standard equipment in one country absorbed into their RRP, but something that is entirely optional in all markets yet is a free option in one and a paid option in another.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.