Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322434 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1800 on: 12 August 2013, 16:22 »
Yep, from this week on we'll all be 63. My dealer said there's zero chance of getting the car before the 1st, which is fine from a plate point of view.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
« Reply #1801 on: 12 August 2013, 17:33 »
I love VW Customer service, rang today to ask why my build week 36 GTD was still showing as processing, very nice man said hang on i'll have a chat with sales team. Ah well he says your car is build week 37 and not confirmed, as soon as it's confirmed it will go to confirmed, your dealer shouldn't have told you week 36. Really I said well he didn't tell me locked into week 36, you lot did five days ago!!!!!
OH!!!!!
OH Indeed!!!!!

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1802 on: 12 August 2013, 18:10 »
I love VW Customer service, rang today to ask why my build week 36 GTD was still showing as processing, very nice man said hang on i'll have a chat with sales team. Ah well he says your car is build week 37 and not confirmed, as soon as it's confirmed it will go to confirmed, your dealer shouldn't have told you week 36. Really I said well he didn't tell me locked into week 36, you lot did five days ago!!!!!
OH!!!!!
OH Indeed!!!!!

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1803 on: 12 August 2013, 18:36 »
Your GIFs make me chuckle AA!

Sorry to hear that red.  It sucks they still can't give us proper estimations.  They've had so many calls to the 0844 number now I'm surprised the VWUK exec hasn't got onto the VW Germany head office and said, look can you not sort out a no BS response for our customers and some kind of offer to keep them sweet?

I guess they think we need to be more patient but personally I feel I've been fairly patient, waiting over 4 months now with no confirmed BW and contacting them (politely) less than once a fortnight... Ah well.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1804 on: 12 August 2013, 19:41 »
Your GIFs make me chuckle AA!

Sorry to hear that red.  It sucks they still can't give us proper estimations.  They've had so many calls to the 0844 number now I'm surprised the VWUK exec hasn't got onto the VW Germany head office and said, look can you not sort out a no BS response for our customers and some kind of offer to keep them sweet?

I guess they think we need to be more patient but personally I feel I've been fairly patient, waiting over 4 months now with no confirmed BW and contacting them (politely) less than once a fortnight... Ah well.

More likely they'd ask VW central to disconnect the 0844 number.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1805 on: 12 August 2013, 20:02 »
More likely they'd ask VW central to disconnect the 0844 number.

Its sad to see the level of assistance we're getting when German companies like VW, BMW, Merc are making a killing out of the UK market.

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
« Reply #1806 on: 12 August 2013, 20:24 »
I must admit I do find it sad. This is my 4th golf and 8th car from VWAUDI group all but one have been from new. I just find it amazing that such a large organisation can't tell you with some certainty when your car is going to be built

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1807 on: 12 August 2013, 20:40 »
I must admit I do find it sad. This is my 4th golf and 8th car from VWAUDI group all but one have been from new. I just find it amazing that such a large organisation can't tell you with some certainty when your car is going to be built

You wouldn't mind if building cars was something they did on the side but this is what they do, you'd think they'd get it right by now wouldn't you?!?!? ::)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1808 on: 12 August 2013, 20:46 »
James, any word on your car's eta?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1809 on: 12 August 2013, 21:46 »
James, any word on your car's eta?

No mate, when i last spoke to VWCS which was last monday i think, they said it was still BW 37 and should go confirmed within the next week and a half so i'm hoping (in vane maybe) that it'll change this week as it would be inline with the BW36 guys going confirmed last week?

Which could potentially be a late sept early oct collection?

Here's hoping! :grin:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂