Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322549 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1790 on: 12 August 2013, 09:49 »
So today is my car's birthday!

Do you mean you ordered it one year ago today?  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Did you ring VW to ask if yours has been started yet, or just going off the fact that yours is BW33 and this is the first day of BW33?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1791 on: 12 August 2013, 10:14 »

Did you ring VW to ask if yours has been started yet, or just going off the fact that yours is BW33 and this is the first day of BW33?

:grin: it certainly feels that way!

I phoned them on Friday and I was told it was locked in for today. Whether it gets actually started today is another matter. I'll call them on weds/thurs for an update but to be honest I've heard so many BS stories I've come to the conclusion that it'll be built when its built. If everything goes to pan I'm guessing it should show in transit by Friday  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1792 on: 12 August 2013, 10:23 »

I phoned them on Friday and I was told it was locked in for today. Whether it gets actually started today is another matter. I'll call them on weds/thurs for an update but to be honest I've heard so many BS stories I've come to the conclusion that it'll be built when its built. If everything goes to pan I'm guessing it should show in transit by Friday  :rolleyes:

Sounds like progress is finally being made Mark  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1793 on: 12 August 2013, 10:28 »

When I chased my dad's up, on the Monday of his build week, the VW UK representative informed me that it was in the latter stages of painting. It was estimated to leave Wolfsburg on Thursday, and sure enough the tracker updated to "in Transit" on the Friday.

I will ring VW UK up on Thursday about mine if the tracker status has not changed by then.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1794 on: 12 August 2013, 13:48 »
Well, it would seem my dealer was truthful about my car being in build the middle of last week with a slight delay from the Monday, as I just got a phone call from them to say my car is now in transit from Wolfsberg to Emden, and all being well I should have it within 4 weeks or so.  Very happy indeed :)

Those on BW33 should hopefully get similarly good news either later this week/early next.

Edit:  Tracker shows the same "In transit" so yeah, it would seem that they have finally got their act into gear.  I can't see it being long now for members like Jimble and Bear who are still yet to go confirmed...unless Bear cancels... ;)
« Last Edit: 12 August 2013, 13:57 by Gryzor »
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1795 on: 12 August 2013, 14:02 »
I was BW33 and mine shows nothing new  :cry:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1796 on: 12 August 2013, 14:10 »
Good news Gryzor, crisis over! Now all you have to worry about is plain seas and decent shipping schedules!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1797 on: 12 August 2013, 14:16 »

You won't see anything new on the tracker until it has been built and is actually in transit.  Your dealer should be able to tell the stage of build though if you call them.

Good news Gryzor, crisis over! Now all you have to worry about is plain seas and decent shipping schedules!  :grin:

Yeah, one crisis over, hopefully no more to come! :grin:

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1798 on: 12 August 2013, 16:15 »

I am BW33 too and nothing new on the system per my dealer  :cry:

I don't think there's any need for concern at this point however as its only Monday. If it does get built this week as it should, my dealer has estimated 2nd week of Sep ie. Monday 9th, which is a 4 week delivery period as expected.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1799 on: 12 August 2013, 16:19 »
I am BW33 too and nothing new on the system per my dealer  :cry:

I don't think there's any need for concern at this point however as its only Monday. If it does get built this week as it should, my dealer has estimated 2nd week of Sep ie. Monday 9th, which is a 4 week delivery period as expected.

Yeah it could be any day this week that it actually goes into build.  To be honest, I'm just happy knowing I'll be getting mine in early/mid September and so don't have to bother asking them to keep it for a 63 plate.  I know I'm getting a private plate on it, but still, in the back of my mind and all that, still a degree of satisfaction!  :grin: