Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322579 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1680 on: 07 August 2013, 19:43 »
September is out for sure unless they do something extraordinary to rush them through ports.  Even if mine was still on BW36 it would be optimistic to expect to see it before October.  As far as I can tell anyone with the. Camera but no confirmed BW is currently on indefinite hold until they get new cameras... whenever that is.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1681 on: 07 August 2013, 19:58 »
You could be right. Who knows what's going on. You will love the car when you get it!!!

Oh I know, I can't wait!  Now begins the "detachment" phase on my current Mk5  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1682 on: 07 August 2013, 20:04 »
You could be right. Who knows what's going on. You will love the car when you get it!!!

Oh I know, I can't wait!  Now begins the "detachment" phase on my current Mk5  :grin:
[/quote

The hardest stage without doubt. It was emotional saying goodbye to the old car  :cry: :cry:

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1683 on: 07 August 2013, 20:08 »
The hardest stage without doubt. It was emotional saying goodbye to the old car  :cry: :cry:

That's providing you've got a nice car currently, some of us can't wait to see the back of our current motor  :laugh:
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1684 on: 07 August 2013, 20:10 »
Yeah we've been together over 8 years now...longest I've ever owned a car, and also the first time I haven't changed just because I'm bored of it or stuff just keeps going wrong.  Will miss the old girl, but never forgotten  :smiley:

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1685 on: 07 August 2013, 20:34 »
Hi Guys. Bill, mine is about as run of the mill as it is possible to get. 3 door, pure white no camera or performance pack. The only thing that I added was the basic nav. I am more than happy to give them a bell and see what they say re the difference between those with a camera added and those that have (forgive me) the basic GTI.

I had a wait with my previous car, stupidly long, until I managed to get the email address for the director of Audi UK. It involved a lot of Googling but I am getting to the point of spending a day sat trying to find it for this Simon Thomas.

Does anyone have the number to call for VW UK, just had a look through the thread but its getting a bit massive to hunt it down. Cheers.     
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 21:00 by tommygund »

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1686 on: 07 August 2013, 21:27 »
Gutted for you Bear. Basically you need to do two things:

1. You want compensation for the money you're losing on your current car.
2. Take the camera off your order.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2013, 21:44 by matchboy »
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #1687 on: 07 August 2013, 21:34 »
Hi Guys. Bill, mine is about as run of the mill as it is possible to get. 3 door, pure white no camera or performance pack. The only thing that I added was the basic nav. I am more than happy to give them a bell and see what they say re the difference between those with a camera added and those that have (forgive me) the basic GTI.

I had a wait with my previous car, stupidly long, until I managed to get the email address for the director of Audi UK. It involved a lot of Googling but I am getting to the point of spending a day sat trying to find it for this Simon Thomas.

Does anyone have the number to call for VW UK, just had a look through the thread but its getting a bit massive to hunt it down. Cheers.     

I believe its 0800 0833920....
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1688 on: 07 August 2013, 21:52 »

The 0800 number is generally useless. You are far better off using the VW Exec Customer Services number:

0844 375 4625

They we really helpful with me, and gave me a named individual to liaise with.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1689 on: 07 August 2013, 21:59 »
When I used the "executive" number yesterday, I got asked, rather rudely, "How did you get this number?" YMMV
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)