Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322566 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1650 on: 06 August 2013, 21:10 »
Bill: Maybe you should leave your VW UK rep with a question to chase up - if you cancelled the camera, would the order get confirmed (confirming camera is definitely the issue), or would they bump your order even further back because it will have changed and will need replanning into the schedule (assuming you are already in a rough build plan which is subject to change).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline TDI-line

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1651 on: 06 August 2013, 21:38 »
Bill: Maybe you should leave your VW UK rep with a question to chase up - if you cancelled the camera, would the order get confirmed (confirming camera is definitely the issue), or would they bump your order even further back because it will have changed and will need replanning into the schedule (assuming you are already in a rough build plan which is subject to change).

I spoke to my local dealer about the camera issue, he did chuckle as he is explained VW's side of the story.

Well apparently there is no shortage of cameras, but a stop has been put on the ordering of camera's as they have been priced far to low (and appealing), and VW have been loosing money on them with mostly the low spec golf's (S, SE, BM) have been speccing them, instead of adding Parking sensors (£450), which is of course standard on the GT, GTD, GTI. (The Audi A3 cost of the camera is £275).

Seems to have been removed from the VW configurator.

Food for thought.
2019: MK7.5 GTI TCR: DEEP GREY / BLACK ROOF: REIFNITZ PERFORMANCE PACK: DYNAUDIO: AKRAPOVIC: UTR DASHCAMS

Offline harryhackenbacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1652 on: 06 August 2013, 21:51 »
I have a full spec GTI ordered my 4th privately owned performance Golf  ( GTI mk5 / R32 / GTI mk6 / Current R )
beside that I have had about 100 Golf company cars (Ex Trade ) and the Stories on spec V delivery time are very
amusing , and lots of things affect this ,you can only be sure of one thing ,the more spec you put on it ,the longer
it takes ,unless there is a disaster /strike Vw rarely run out of bits if someone ordered your spec in Quantity ( 2000 off )
in right hand drive ,you would probably get it quicker ,than a stock one  :laugh: :laugh:

PS I am not saying the stories or some are true or false  :wink:
« Last Edit: 06 August 2013, 21:54 by harryhackenbacker »
MK7 R 3 DOOR DSG PEARL BLACK FULL SPEC CARBON
LEATHER

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1653 on: 06 August 2013, 22:22 »

I spoke to my local dealer about the camera issue, he did chuckle as he is explained VW's side of the story.

Well apparently there is no shortage of cameras, but a stop has been put on the ordering of camera's as they have been priced far to low (and appealing), and VW have been loosing money on them with mostly the low spec golf's (S, SE, BM) have been speccing them, instead of adding Parking sensors (£450), which is of course standard on the GT, GTD, GTI. (The Audi A3 cost of the camera is £275).

Seems to have been removed from the VW configurator.

Food for thought.

Sounds like another line to me, the camera is a similar cost now as it was on the mk6 thats why i have it on mine, so if they thought they were losing too much on them you'd think they would of figured that out long before now?

They took it off the order books on the 6 for a little while for some unknown reason too. :whistle:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1654 on: 07 August 2013, 00:52 »
Who has the longest order time not yet confirmed? I am on bw37 unconfirmed and I ordered at the end of March grrrrrr!

Based on back when we were surveying all this I think it is poor old Jimble.  Brenbo might be second.  I didn't order right at the start of April, left it a couple of weeks but this week makes it 4 months for me I think.

If there is no update tomorrow I'm calling them and will be more insistent on an explanation.

Offline TDI-line

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1655 on: 07 August 2013, 06:38 »
Who has the longest order time not yet confirmed? I am on bw37 unconfirmed and I ordered at the end of March grrrrrr!

Based on back when we were surveying all this I think it is poor old Jimble.  Brenbo might be second.  I didn't order right at the start of April, left it a couple of weeks but this week makes it 4 months for me I think.

If there is no update tomorrow I'm calling them and will be more insistent on an explanation.

Hi Bill,

which dealer did youi use btw? (Being in Cambridgeshire also).
2019: MK7.5 GTI TCR: DEEP GREY / BLACK ROOF: REIFNITZ PERFORMANCE PACK: DYNAUDIO: AKRAPOVIC: UTR DASHCAMS

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1656 on: 07 August 2013, 09:04 »

Bill, I ordered April 16th I will have been waiting 4 months by the end of next week. I cannot blame the wait on the camera (not added) and like you I am still waiting for a confirmed build week. Either I have been very unlucky, or the spec has naff all to do with it!  :angry:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1657 on: 07 August 2013, 10:05 »
Hi Bill,

which dealer did youi use btw? (Being in Cambridgeshire also).

I actually used a broker to find my dealer (but the entire process was done at the dealer, so as far as VW know its like any other order).  I ended up at Listers near Birmingham.  Did you use Vindis then?

Bill, I ordered April 16th I will have been waiting 4 months by the end of next week. I cannot blame the wait on the camera (not added) and like you I am still waiting for a confirmed build week. Either I have been very unlucky, or the spec has naff all to do with it!  :angry:

Hmm, good to know about your spec.  Sorry you've also had such a wait, seems there are quite a few of us still waiting from April then! :angry:

Offline ginnes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1658 on: 07 August 2013, 10:09 »
13th April ordered. No confirmed BW. Last estimated at BW36. Camera, climate screen and a few other options...  Hope to hear this week :laugh:
Current - Mk 7 GTI, Audi S2 Avant, Audi ur quattro
Finally arrived, only took 25 weeks! - Mk 7 GTI Tornado Red 5 Dr DSG.
PP, ACC, Keyless entry, Discover Pro, Park assist, Rear view camera, Winter pack, Climate windscreen, Advanced Phone prep.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1659 on: 07 August 2013, 13:34 »
Climate screen isnt available apparently until week 42.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.