Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322486 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1610 on: 06 August 2013, 10:34 »
Yup, I think 4 months from order to build is crazy, let alone not even having a confirmed build week yet.  Maybe the camera does have something to do with it, and maybe they schedule to do runs of cars with PP together, really not sure.  All I do know is, it's not good enough.  I mean fine, if the build schedule is what it is, not a lot we can do, but, they can do much better in terms of keeping us informed and managing our mis-led expectations.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1611 on: 06 August 2013, 10:38 »
When I asked why bw keeps going back he said supply issues with rear view camera. I asked if they could tell me when the supply issues would be sorted and he said no information was available!

John when did you order?  And who told you the camera was the problem?

VW said rear view cam issues would only impact orders placed before July.  I specifically asked them about this last week because I was suspicious that they lied and the rear view cam was affecting earlier orders.  I was assured it is not affecting my order.

I'm becoming a bit suspicious of this "we're really clueless and don't know what is happening" routine they keep putting on.  I mean, lets say after assuring customers who ordered the rear cam four months ago that supply issues would not affect them they then failed to hold back enough cameras and now those customers are suffering months of new delays.  Those customers would have a pretty good argument that because VW made a mistake some kind of compensation should be offered.  Of course no argument could be made without some information on what caused the delays.  If this hypothetical situation were true then VW's inability to give the customers any information would be pretty convenient for them now wouldn't it?

Am I going crazy because I'm pissed my order keeps being delayed or do I have a point here? :undecided:

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1612 on: 06 August 2013, 10:55 »
I ordered on 29 April Bill and it was a guy from 'customer care'. What a joke that term seems at the moment

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1613 on: 06 August 2013, 10:58 »
Tried to take up that offer made by the dealer to arrange Woflsburg collection... and guess what... no can do!... Not too annoyed as part of me didn't fancy my first drive in a new car being quite so long just in case. But starting to wonder if my dealer is a bit clueless :)
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1614 on: 06 August 2013, 11:01 »
I ordered on 29 April Bill and it was a guy from 'customer care'. What a joke that term seems at the moment

Unless I am going crazy, I think this is a big deal!  Is it possible VW screwed up on the cameras and don't want to admit it?

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1615 on: 06 August 2013, 11:05 »
If VW have screwed up on the camera, I've got lucky then because I ordered Early April and had a couple of order changes after that which could have pushed things back for all I know.

In all my discussions with regular customer care and my dealer regarding things like the heated screen, build dates etc., they genuinely are absolutely clueless.  They just don't have the right information to hand, that's the problem.  I always used to insist that they go and speak to somebody in the sales or marketing team there because those are the people who know, and then I started to get some proper answers.  When I got a named contact and e-mail address, that's when I was kept regularly updated, even if to say no news yet.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1616 on: 06 August 2013, 11:10 »
The customer care guy spoke to someone at sales while I was on the phone to him. My salesman is on holiday at the moment so I can't talk to him at the moment, which is probably just as well as I am VERY p*ssed off with it

The only info he has given me is that 'as your vehicle was ordered before the removal action was taken, your vehicle will still get the rear view camera'.

He and VW didn't say what week/month/year/if ever this might happen!!!!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1617 on: 06 August 2013, 11:12 »

Unless I am going crazy, I think this is a big deal!  Is it possible VW screwed up on the cameras and don't want to admit it?

I'm so glad I didn't add the camera - I was so close to doing it as well - what a horlicks they've made of this.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1618 on: 06 August 2013, 11:21 »
If it really is the camera, I'm flabbergasted to be honest.  OK, so if they underestimated demand due to people no longer needing to pay for a larger NAV screen to get the camera, how many camera units would that really constitute?  It's still not available to select on the configurator, been about a month, right?  It's just a camera with a motor to open the badge and some wiring...really shouldn't be that hard to get a few hundred made up.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1619 on: 06 August 2013, 11:27 »
If it really is the camera, I'm flabbergasted to be honest.  OK, so if they underestimated demand due to people no longer needing to pay for a larger NAV screen to get the camera, how many camera units would that really constitute?  It's still not available to select on the configurator, been about a month, right?  It's just a camera with a motor to open the badge and some wiring...really shouldn't be that hard to get a few hundred made up.

I don't believe its the camera on its own, after all we've all been waiting 4 months and some of you still haven't been given BWs, but its certainly contributing to the delay as it seems only April early orderers who put the camera on are still left with unconfirmed BWs.  If I were you boys I'd tell them to knock it off - honestly, its not worth this hassle IMO!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....