Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322390 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1600 on: 05 August 2013, 19:40 »
Good news Gryzor!!

Yeah definitely, and at least it confirms that production did indeed start again at BW32 as opposed to BW33 as might have been the case.

Yeah great news Gryzor!!!! I also got confirmation that mine has gone into production as of today :smiley: Looks like they're building the 5 door Pure White models this week!.... Not long now...

Wat? THEY FORGOT MINE DAMMIT! :angry:

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #1601 on: 05 August 2013, 19:48 »
Thanks for that number though Bill. The lady actually asked me where i got it from as i was called the executive number lol
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1602 on: 05 August 2013, 20:43 »
Yes, very interesting - especially given I was told production doesn't start until BW33 by VW - yet again proof that you shouldn't believe a word that comes out of their mouth!  Good for you though!!  :laugh:

Cheers bud, and yeah, it just goes to show that you should take whatever they say with a pinch of salt!  For all I know I could have been told a big fat lie today and how would I know?!  :grin:

Yeah great news Gryzor!!!! I also got confirmation that mine has gone into production as of today :smiley: Looks like they're building the 5 door Pure White models this week!.... Not long now...

Nice one Gung-Ho, seems like this is a week they reserved for the best door and colour combination, except for Bear of course, wouldn't have been the same if they'd finally ended his misery (sorry mate, I do feel for ya'!)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #1603 on: 05 August 2013, 20:46 »
We should have a game of what day will my car leave the factory and move to the in transit status. Im going to guess Wednesday :smiley:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1604 on: 05 August 2013, 20:49 »
We should have a game of what day will my car leave the factory and move to the in transit status. Im going to guess Wednesday :smiley:

If we could rely on the tracker to be up-to-date and consistent with everybody, that'd be a fair game to play! :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1605 on: 05 August 2013, 21:05 »
Call from the dealer today that my BW34 is locked in and he said to be realistic a mid Sept handover is what he is aiming at, I've given up with driving myself mad with the tracker and am going off on holiday next week while they get on and build the dam thing, 3 weeks in the sun then am going to start to really get excited once I'm back  :laugh:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1606 on: 05 August 2013, 21:44 »
Good news Gryzor!!

Yeah definitely, and at least it confirms that production did indeed start again at BW32 as opposed to BW33 as might have been the case.

Wat? THEY FORGOT MINE DAMMIT! :angry:

Couldn't be arsed building mine either mate! :angry: I rang VWCS again today to ask for an update as my dealer is off again, gone back one to unconfirmed 37 "but should go confirmed in the next week and a half" yeah right! They said that a month ago! :rolleyes:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1607 on: 06 August 2013, 10:07 »
Couldn't be arsed building mine either mate! :angry: I rang VWCS again today to ask for an update as my dealer is off again, gone back one to unconfirmed 37 "but should go confirmed in the next week and a half" yeah right! They said that a month ago! :rolleyes:

Aww no not another push back!  This is getting a bit beyond a joke now isn't it?  Its been well over four months for you now right?  Same for Brenbo too.  Will be four months for me end of this week...  and still no BW.  For the last month the estimates I've been given have each said "it will almost definitely be confirmed next week, we're really sure this time" and what happens?  Sure enough next week comes and its now sure to be confirmed next week.

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1608 on: 06 August 2013, 10:18 »
I had the same conversation with vw today. Mine is currently unconfirmed bw37 and was told should go to confirmed bw37. I have lost count of how many times I've been told it should go to confirmed and hasn't!

When I asked why bw keeps going back he said supply issues with rear view camera. I asked if they could tell me when the supply issues would be sorted and he said no information was available! How ridiculous! So that means no information on when my car is going to be built!!!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1609 on: 06 August 2013, 10:20 »

Aww no not another push back!  This is getting a bit beyond a joke now isn't it?  Its been well over four months for you now right?  Same for Brenbo too.  Will be four months for me end of this week...  and still no BW.  For the last month the estimates I've been given have each said "it will almost definitely be confirmed next week, we're really sure this time" and what happens?  Sure enough next week comes and its now sure to be confirmed next week.

Yup, 19 weeks or around 4 months and still no build week! It's a bit poor really... :rolleyes:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂