Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322495 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1510 on: 30 July 2013, 14:22 »
I would say the weak link in your chain was ordering via a broker. Sounds like you are one of the unfortunate ones that have to wait longer (as per my previous post, waiting for the order batch to build up).

But on the flip side you most likely got a higher level of discount than I did.

All is fair is love, war, and ordering new VWs

And as per my previous post the car was ordered immediately, there is no batch.  I didn't get a better discount than people have got privately either.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting is fair here?  Are you suggesting the ~24 weeks (and still might be longer) wait is fair?  Or are you suggesting because you failed to get a discount that those of us with ever lengthening delays can't complain?  I fail to see how the two are linked to be honest. :huh:

Anyway, I'm glad you are happy with your vouchers.  Unfortunately I can neither be happy nor unhappy with them as I haven't been offered any. :whistle:

Just to add to this, i'm in a similar situation to Bill with the wait, however i ordered direct with a dealer so i don't think the broker is the weak link in this instance.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1511 on: 30 July 2013, 14:26 »
Same as myself Jimble... My order is similar to yours but in a GTD! What unconfirmed BW do u have?

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1512 on: 30 July 2013, 14:37 »
I would say the weak link in your chain was ordering via a broker. Sounds like you are one of the unfortunate ones that have to wait longer (as per my previous post, waiting for the order batch to build up).

But on the flip side you most likely got a higher level of discount than I did.

All is fair is love, war, and ordering new VWs

And as per my previous post the car was ordered immediately, there is no batch.  I didn't get a better discount than people have got privately either.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting is fair here?  Are you suggesting the ~24 weeks (and still might be longer) wait is fair?  Or are you suggesting because you failed to get a discount that those of us with ever lengthening delays can't complain?  I fail to see how the two are linked to be honest. :huh:

Anyway, I'm glad you are happy with your vouchers.  Unfortunately I can neither be happy nor unhappy with them as I haven't been offered any. :whistle:

I didnt say I failed to get a discount.  I'm just attempting to help you feel better about the situation because you most likely got a higher %age off than someone who walked into a dealer.  Fact of the matter is, there can be a delay when ordering via a broker. Not all the time, but sometimes. 

Anyway, forget it.  It's a bit academic now I guess.
3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1513 on: 30 July 2013, 14:39 »
I didnt say I failed to get a discount.  I'm just attempting to help you feel better about the situation because you most likely got a higher %age off than someone who walked into a dealer.

Apologies for misunderstanding you.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1514 on: 30 July 2013, 14:58 »
All,

Got a call from my dealer.  Here is a summary of the conversation I just had:
  • I am now BW36 (unconfirmed).  Already knew it was 36 or later.  Dealer sounds confident of end of September delivery.  Don't know if I should believe it. :undecided:
  • Reversing camera is no longer available if you order now (which we know).
  • Reversing camera is not being fitted to cars currently being built.  It *might* be back in stock by the time mine is built.  This sounds suspiciously like they might pull it even if you ordered it back in April!  Hopefully dealer is wrong about this. :angry:
  • Is the reversing camera the hold up then?  No, apparently its the "engine".  I assume this means they don't have enough 2.0TSIs to fulfil all orders.
  • Dealer says no GTIs or GTDs are coming though.  I point out they are.  Dealer says they are a large dealer with many orders and have had only 1 GTI and 1 GTD arrive so far and 1 more is currently in build. :shocked:
  • When can I expect to go confirmed?  A "few" weeks before week 36... unless it moves back again. :rolleyes:
  • Her parting shot was "you do have a lot of spec".  So?  You just said its the engine that is the hold up.  If the engine is the hold up can't everything else be prepared in the meantime? :huh:
Hmm.

I have the sinking feeling that they don't put parts aside for orders.  Perhaps everytime mine is ready to be built they go "whoops, run out of part X" and then while they get part X something else (like the camera) runs out and the whole faf starts over again.  If true perhaps my car will never be built. :cry:
« Last Edit: 30 July 2013, 15:02 by Bill_the_Bear »

Running Man

« Reply #1515 on: 30 July 2013, 15:11 »
All,

• I am now BW36 (unconfirmed).  Already knew it was 36 or later.  Dealer sounds confident of end of September delivery.  Don't know if I should believe it. :undecided:
  • Reversing camera is not being fitted to cars currently being built.  It *might* be back in stock by the time mine is built.  This sounds suspiciously like they might pull it even if you ordered it back in April!  Hopefully dealer is wrong about this. :angry:
  • Is the reversing camera the hold up then?  No, apparently its the "engine".  I assume this means they don't have enough 2.0TSIs to fulfil all orders.
  • Dealer says no GTIs or GTDs are coming though.  I point out they are.  Dealer says they are a large dealer with many orders and have had only 1 GTI and 1 GTD arrive so far and 1 more is currently in build. :shocked:
  • When can I expect to go confirmed?  A "few" weeks before week 36... unless it moves back again. :rolleyes:
  • Her parting shot was "you do have a lot of spec".  So?  You just said its the engine that is the hold up.  If the engine is the hold up can't everything else be prepared in the meantime? :huh:
Hmm.

I have the sinking feeling that they don't put parts aside for orders.  Perhaps everytime mine is ready to be built they go "whoops, run out of part X" and then while they get part X something else (like the camera) runs out and the whole faf starts over again.  If true perhaps my car will never be built. :cry:

Sorry to hear that bill, tell you what though if mine turns up without the camera I'm going to be mighty pissed off.  What action will I take  :undecided:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1516 on: 30 July 2013, 15:24 »
Sorry to hear that bill, tell you what though if mine turns up without the camera I'm going to be mighty pissed off.  What action will I take  :undecided:

Hey man,

I'm hoping its just the dealer talking crazy, but I don't know whether to believe them or to believe the VW statement that orders prior to July are unaffected.  If its true they could reimburse the cost (obviously), they could offer compensation, they could offer to fit it later... dunno really.

Hopefully won't come to that.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1517 on: 30 July 2013, 16:01 »
Thats total bollocks Bill your dealer is talking sh!te. I spoke to my dealer on saturday morning and ive spoken to VW today and mine definitely has the camera still on and at this stage is due for BW36.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1518 on: 30 July 2013, 16:09 »
Thats total nuts Bill your dealer is talking sh!te. I spoke to my dealer on saturday morning and ive spoken to VW today and mine definitely has the camera still on and at this stage is due for BW36.

To be clear mine still has the camera on.  But they also said it "might be back in stock by the time its built".  Problem is those statements seem a little conflicting!

In hindsight I guess she could have meant that mine still has the camera and that it might be back in stock for new orders by the time mine is being built.  She had just mentioned that it is not available for new orders right now so perhaps I misunderstood.

physio

« Reply #1519 on: 30 July 2013, 16:59 »
All,

Hmm.

Better go out and buy a lottery ticket while your luck is in   :smiley:
Seriously though its about time you he'd a build date confirmed