Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322511 times)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1420 on: 22 July 2013, 13:29 »
I just got the confirmed build date from my dealer, week 33.

Said we should get the car in September.  Week 33 is in August, which is when the factory is shut down, so how are they going to build it?

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #1421 on: 22 July 2013, 13:42 »
The dont shut down for the whole of August, I'm wk33 too....
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1422 on: 22 July 2013, 13:45 »
BW33 is the first week back I think; I'm also that week - week commencing 12th August - which means our cars will be started to be built 3 weeks today!  Exciting!!
« Last Edit: 22 July 2013, 13:50 by matchboy »
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1423 on: 22 July 2013, 14:11 »
You aren't far from me Matchboy.  Perhaps we should meet up somewhere scenic when they arrive and do a photo shoot of your red next to my Oryx, would look well cool.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1424 on: 22 July 2013, 14:22 »
You aren't far from me Matchboy.  Perhaps we should meet up somewhere scenic when they arrive and do a photo shoot of your red next to my Oryx, would look well cool.

Don't fall for it matchboy!  He just wants to show off that he's got the most expensive colour! :whistle:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1425 on: 22 July 2013, 15:30 »

Don't fall for it matchboy!  He just wants to show off that he's got the most expensive colour! :whistle:

Haha but do you have the 19s pauliem, if not then your fancy paint is cancelled out by my bigger wheels  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1426 on: 22 July 2013, 15:34 »
13 Weeks since ordering and I still have no confirmed build week. I've made it known I'm not very happy to my dealer for the first time as before I didn't really mind as long as it was here for 1st September, but this is looking less and less likely as the weeks roll on.  :sad:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #1427 on: 22 July 2013, 16:15 »
Well I ordered on May 15th and still processing. Hoping this Thursday to move to a build date. (Or is the Thursday update thing still a guess)?

It all seems a bit random. Has anyone got a GTD with panoramic roof in transit?

Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1428 on: 22 July 2013, 16:29 »
13 Weeks since ordering and I still have no confirmed build week. I've made it known I'm not very happy to my dealer for the first time as before I didn't really mind as long as it was here for 1st September, but this is looking less and less likely as the weeks roll on.  :sad:

3 months and no confirmed date.  Crazy.

No way it will be here for 1st Sept, sorry mate.  My current estimate for mine is first week of October.  That is based off my own calculations, not off VW BS.

dervy

« Reply #1429 on: 22 July 2013, 16:41 »
Well I ordered on May 15th and still processing. Hoping this Thursday to move to a build date. (Or is the Thursday update thing still a guess)?

It all seems a bit random. Has anyone got a GTD with panoramic roof in transit?

ordered my GTD on 3rd April, build week originally wk36, but that became confirmed as wk25. Shown as "in transit" on the Wednesday of the build week and stayed that way for two and a half weeks and then arrived at the dears on the 15th July - 2 days after I had gone overseas for 10 days!!!!!! It's pure white, DSG, leather, pano roof, discover nav, dynaudio and service pack. Picking it up on Wednesday. Dealer says it is receiving loads of positive comments.