Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322881 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1370 on: 16 July 2013, 22:38 »
I've been enquiring about a couple of pre-registered M135i's as I'm getting so pissed off waiting now.

Yes it's annoying and pissy-offy, but if you want a car and wanted specifically a GTI, why quit now?  Quitting and getting nothing at all, I get that, but not switching to another car just because of the wait.

I'm in the opposite camp. I can completely understand wanting to switch especially if they are offering some attractive deals. The 135 is not great looking granted but it is an epic car for performance which I think may be high up in AAddicts priorities

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1371 on: 16 July 2013, 22:57 »
For sure it's all about priorities and what's important, but the M135i hasn't just magically appeared on the scene.  Anyway, as ever in life, it's all about the choices we make and living with the consequences, good and bad, that make us who we are!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1372 on: 16 July 2013, 23:03 »
For sure it's all about priorities and what's important, but the M135i hasn't just magically appeared on the scene. 

No, but I could be driving a brand new one by tomorrow lunch time  :grin:

I want to be patient for my GTI but with every passing week it bothers me more and more. What starts out being exciting and fun, soon becomes annoying and spoilt by the dreadful and inefficient way VW are dealing with this launch.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Running Man

« Reply #1373 on: 17 July 2013, 00:10 »
For sure it's all about priorities and what's important, but the M135i hasn't just magically appeared on the scene. 

I want to be patient for my GTI but with every passing week it bothers me more and more. What starts out being exciting and fun, soon becomes annoying and spoilt by the dreadful and inefficient way VW are dealing with this launch.

You are right
« Last Edit: 17 July 2013, 09:26 by Running Man »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1374 on: 17 July 2013, 07:53 »
It's a long wait, but for those of us already driving something similar to what we'll be getting, is it that much of a hassle? MK6 GTI/GTD or Scirocco to MK7 GTI/GTD is hardly revolutionary.

I suppose the most galling aspect of the wait for some is that they're facing a 24-26 week wait from ordering to estimated delivery and a few lucky ones have snuck in there with only a 10 week wait.

It's good to know that my p/x collateral has appreciated by £1000 (vs expected delivery time) and waiting until new plate time (with no temptation to take it earlier) vs taking a July/August delivery will make it worth all the more at trade-in time too.

It's an easy wait for me knowing there's nothing else out there i'd rather have (although I might've been tempted by a TT if the MK3 wasn't just around the corner).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1375 on: 17 July 2013, 10:20 »
It's good to know that my p/x collateral has appreciated by £1000 (vs expected delivery time) and waiting until new plate time (with no temptation to take it earlier) vs taking a July/August delivery will make it worth all the more at trade-in time too.

Well, its ok for some.  I wasn't totally happy with the p/x I was quoted so elected to revisit it nearer delivery time (and they were discussing p/x value for 1st August so that tells you what delivery time they were telling me I'd get when I ordered).  My p/x is losing £250 a month and will easily cost me £1000 by the time I take delivery.

Its actually hardly worth me trading my car in.  The p/x value is dropping much faster than what the car is really worth I'm sure the dealer will be very happy to take it off my hands for even less.  But if I keep it and give it to the wife thats another £6k I've got to find for the GTI.  The dealer doesn't really care.  They just say "well, we never offer a guaranteed delivery time and this happens on every new model so..."  Right.  So what?  So I should have expected this?  So why the hell did you assure me that delivery would be end of July then? :angry:

I can say right now that this experience means I will not buy from VW again without an agreement in writing stating the expected delivery date and what compensation (such as p/x) will be offered if the delivery should slip.

Oh, and I'm now told I'm on BW36, still not confirmed though. :rolleyes:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1376 on: 17 July 2013, 10:40 »

Yup, there are plenty of cars I could go out and buy and be driving away in a matter of days!  But, none of them are a Mk7 GTI, and as already pointed out on here, it's not like I'm driving something crap at the moment, it's still a decent example of a Mk5.

I'm one of the worlds worst for patience, and I guess having a confirmed BW helps.  But, it's like anything - yes you're pissed off now, but when you get the build week, know it's getting built, then in transit, you'll be glad you held out and no less enthused for the car once you finally get to drive it away.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1377 on: 17 July 2013, 11:13 »

Well, its ok for some.  I wasn't totally happy with the p/x I was quoted so elected to revisit it nearer delivery time (and they were discussing p/x value for 1st August so that tells you what delivery time they were telling me I'd get when I ordered).  My p/x is losing £250 a month and will easily cost me £1000 by the time I take delivery.

Its actually hardly worth me trading my car in.  The p/x value is dropping much faster than what the car is really worth I'm sure the dealer will be very happy to take it off my hands for even less.  But if I keep it and give it to the wife thats another £6k I've got to find for the GTI.  The dealer doesn't really care.  They just say "well, we never offer a guaranteed delivery time and this happens on every new model so..."  Right.  So what?  So I should have expected this?  So why the hell did you assure me that delivery would be end of July then? :angry:

I can say right now that this experience means I will not buy from VW again without an agreement in writing stating the expected delivery date and what compensation (such as p/x) will be offered if the delivery should slip.

I know what you mean Bill. I got offered a lousy p/x price from the dealer however the only good thing was that it was fixed so I knew exactly the balance I would have to finance. I've been very fortunate however that I have managed to sell it privately thanks to another forum member on here  :smiley: 

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1378 on: 17 July 2013, 13:39 »

Maybe taking them up on a fixed p/x at point of ordering based on 01 August value was the better thing to. Yes it was going to be low, but at least it wouldn't get any lower in the meantime and your equity in the car would actually increase from point of ordering (assuming you're still financing it). Benfield's visit was the first time I'd ever been proposed a variable p/x dependent on delivery time. Do you have the option of reverting back to what they originally were offering you for your p/x based on Aug delivery?

Did you know that if delivery time exceeds 20 weeks from order, the dealership can apply for "compensation" from VW UK for losses associated with depreciating part-ex vehicles? My dealer mentioned this to me. Not sure if there are stringent terms like it only applies when the p/x is a VAG car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1379 on: 17 July 2013, 14:21 »
Just got off the phone with VW CS after i sent an e-mail asking if they'd sorted the windscreen wipers out yet as i didn't want to wait 7 months and then be in and out of the dealers for something that could've been addressed! :angry: they've had "a couple of reports but not many" but thats for another thread! :angry:

My BW has slipped another week to 37 although tell me it should go confirmed within the next 10 days!? :laugh: we'll see!!
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂