Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322560 times)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1300 on: 05 July 2013, 18:31 »
Just checked my order tracker and it is still saying processing order.  I am uncomfirmed BW34 still, I think?  Have not been told otherwise for a while now...  Infact I have not heard anything at all. 

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1301 on: 05 July 2013, 19:24 »
Just seen on another thread that jrc ordered in wk21 and has confirmed BW28.  I ordered in wk17 I think and I have UNCONFIRMED BW that might be 35 or might be more like 37-39, depending on who at VW you believe more. :angry:

Bill you're no worse off than me(assuming you get confirmed for no later than BW37), just offset by 4 weeks. I ordered week 13 and confirmed for week 33: 23 or 24 weeks all in from order to delivery. mcmaddy's latest bit of news puts him a canny bit worse than that.

Nothing can be done, the biggest waiters here would seem to be those who bought 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the allocation queue at a dealership, drivethedeal seem to be getting orders fulfilled by dealerships who haven't used their allocation.

For the whole ordering/discounts obtained process we've seen here there it seems that the dealers are far more willing to give a better discount on a GTI than a GTD and it also seems that if you are in the market for a GTI then not all dealerships have taken up their allocation if a broker can jump in and get a client a GTI in 8 weeks.

For those in the long wait boat, they could cancel and reorder with a broker - you might save a bit of money, but if you have a p/x with a locked-in price you're going to be offered less with your newly negotiated deal because in the waiting time your p/x is depreciating and you generally don't get a great price on the new one and a great p/x price (the supplying dealerships tend to rob Peter to pay Paul in that respect). For the likes of Bear and mcmaddy that have waited so long already, they're likely less than 10 weeks away from their build, could well be in the same situation by starting again (10 weeks to build via broker), but definitely with less p/x - so why jack in your order now just to reorder the same thing? If on the other hand the process has sickened you and you'll not be getting another VW then fair do's.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Running Man

« Reply #1302 on: 05 July 2013, 19:38 »
Just seen on another thread that jrc ordered in wk21 and has confirmed BW28.  I ordered in wk17 I think and I have UNCONFIRMED BW that might be 35 or might be more like 37-39, depending on who at VW you believe more. :angry:

Bill you're no worse off than me(assuming you get confirmed for no later than BW37), just offset by 4 weeks. I ordered week 13 and confirmed for week 33: 23 or 24 weeks all in from order to delivery. mcmaddy's latest bit of news puts him a canny bit worse than that.

Nothing can be done, the biggest waiters here would seem to be those who bought 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the allocation queue at a dealership, drivethedeal seem to be getting orders fulfilled by dealerships who haven't used their allocation.

For the whole ordering/discounts obtained process we've seen here there it seems that the dealers are far more willing to give a better discount on a GTI than a GTD and it also seems that if you are in the market for a GTI then not all dealerships have taken up their allocation if a broker can jump in and get a client a GTI in 8 weeks.

For those in the long wait boat, they could cancel and reorder with a broker - you might save a bit of money, but if you have a p/x with a locked-in price you're going to be offered less with your newly negotiated deal because in the waiting time your p/x is depreciating and you generally don't get a great price on the new one and a great p/x price (the supplying dealerships tend to rob Peter to pay Paul in that respect). For the likes of Bear and mcmaddy that have waited so long already, they're likely less than 10 weeks away from their build, could well be in the same situation by starting again (10 weeks to build via broker), but definitely with less p/x - so why jack in your order now just to reorder the same thing? If on the other hand the process has sickened you and you'll not be getting another VW then fair do's.

Very well said, I have a guaranteed part ex price.  Was going to part ex my mk 6 GTI, then changed to my beautiful wife's Mini Cooper but have changed back to the 6 GTI.

it is locked in so I'm in no rush as I love my current GTI  :smiley:

With that said I do understand other buyers being right pissed off with VW, to be fair it is a comedy of errors though no one is laughing (not here anyway)   :shocked:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1303 on: 05 July 2013, 20:17 »
I'm in the same boat as Bill The Bear ordered 1st April still no confirmed build date.I just wondered if the likes of Autoexpress or Autocar got hold of VW ordering fiasco if they could get a proper answer.

I wouldn't dare contact the press until AFTER taking delivery! Haha :whistle:

Offline jsybrian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1304 on: 05 July 2013, 20:40 »
Made you think though. :smiley:

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1305 on: 05 July 2013, 23:16 »
Picking mine up on Monday.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1306 on: 08 July 2013, 17:39 »
My estimated has gone back a week again to 36. :rolleyes:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1307 on: 08 July 2013, 17:42 »
My estimated has gone back a week again to 36. :rolleyes:

Did you ring them up and make them press the button? :rolleyes:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1308 on: 08 July 2013, 18:12 »
My estimated has gone back a week again to 36. ::)

Did you ring them up and make them press the button? ::)

Rang the dealer first for an update and wasn't best pleased when he said 36 so i asked about the camera but he said there was nothing on my order about it being taken off, he did say you can't order them now which we already knew, he said give VW a ring to see what they say?

Needless to say i got the usual feckless numpty who "dunno why it's takin so long", no real reason given apart from the fact that because i've specced the car quite well could be causing a delay? Useless!!!! ;D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Running Man

« Reply #1309 on: 08 July 2013, 18:42 »
My order has not gone to BW confirmed so I'm guessing its slipped back from (dealer informed BW35) to a later week.