Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322490 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1220 on: 02 July 2013, 09:57 »
Rang my dealer yesterday and asked him to get an update on my build week. Just rang me back. I have moved to BW 35. So Bear, you got that spot on!

He also told me that hopefully it should go to confirmed by the 16th of July. When I asked why he said that fits into the pattern of other orders they have had. Not too sure about that, but I have my fingers and just about everything else crossed.

We shall see in the coming weeks!   

:grin:

Ah, thats good news.  Also interesting about the 16th July.  If I was guessing I would have said 11th or 12th July, because so far we've seen quite a few orders update on Thurs or Fri, and since last week was apparently confirmation week for BW33 orders it would be next week to confirm BW35.

Since your dealer thinks it would be the following Tuesday if those of us expecting a BW35 confirmation (you, Jimble, myself...) don't see anything happen next week we can relax... at least until Tuesday! hehe

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1221 on: 02 July 2013, 10:02 »
Mine is now sitting at week 27 which is this week - hopefully in the middle of being built just now!  Any idea when it should go to 'In Transit'?  :smiley:
2008 GT tdi Sport, Reflex Silver, 18" Vancouvers. 
On Order: Mk 7 GTD 5 door manual, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiagos.

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1222 on: 02 July 2013, 10:06 »
Anyone else got build week 27?

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1223 on: 02 July 2013, 10:08 »
He may have been giving himself a bit of leeway I suppose, as he knows I will start pestering him again if nothing changes.

With a 35 BW what are you expecting for delivery times Bear? 3-4 weeks from build date. I am thinking that Delivery is the biggest variable (plonking the thing on the earliest ship helps), plus factoring in this shutdown. 

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1224 on: 02 July 2013, 10:13 »

Im supposed to be bw27 as well i hope  :smiley:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1225 on: 02 July 2013, 10:16 »
He may have been giving himself a bit of leeway I suppose, as he knows I will start pestering him again if nothing changes.

With a 35 BW what are you expecting for delivery times Bear? 3-4 weeks from build date. I am thinking that Delivery is the biggest variable (plonking the thing on the earliest ship helps), plus factoring in this shutdown.

Well.......

My personal estimate (hope) is for delivery on 20th September (a Friday), or during that week.  If the car is built early in wk35 then its nearly 4 weeks from then to the 20th.  So I might be being about 2 weeks too optimistic in my estimate!

EDIT:
I actually made a timeline when I was bored so I could tick off the days and weeks.  Sad I know.  I insert little comments and highlight all the key days. :nerd:

« Last Edit: 02 July 2013, 10:21 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1226 on: 02 July 2013, 10:22 »

Just went on the tracker after my last post and what do you know....now showing 'In Transit!'  Delighted!  Anyone have exact times as to how long it takes from now to dealer?  Any way of tracking where the car is? Craig, you should check to see if yours is in transit too!  :wink:

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1227 on: 02 July 2013, 10:26 »
Bill you really must get out more  :grin:
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1228 on: 02 July 2013, 10:26 »

Just went on the tracker after my last post and what do you know....now showing 'In Transit!'  Delighted!  Anyone have exact times as to how long it takes from now to dealer?  Any way of tracking where the car is? Craig, you should check to see if yours is in transit too!  :wink:

Fantastic news Iain! That's really early in the week. I checked mine and it's still sitting at bw confirmed. Hoping that it will change by the end of the week.

In terms of delivery I think it's just your luck depending on when the next shipment is due to go. It could probably be anywhere between 2-4 weeks

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1229 on: 02 July 2013, 10:30 »

Congrats!

Bill you really must get out more  :grin:

I know.

Here is the timeline with the comments actually visible: